RAID-0 XP 32bit Upgrade to Vista 64bit Ultimate

I am attempting to install a RAID-0 setup. I have an Asus A8N-SLI
Premium & 2 Seagate 320gb HDD's. I have the Upgrade version of Vista64
which requires an OS installed on the HDD. After I upgrade to Vista64
the OS freaks. Sometimes it goes into an endless loop of reboots. And
sometimes Vista display an error message stating that there is a problem
with the RAID array. But Vista does not work properly. I am wondering is
this worth it, and if so, how do I fix it. Maybe it would be helpful if
I listed my install procedure.

1) from a clean HD I create a raid array in the BIOS.
2) run XP 32bit install
3) load nvidia RAID drivers
4) complete XP install
5) restart & run Vista install

after Vista installs is when I start to have problems.

any help would be apprectaied.

--
mattsdad03

  • Re: Dimension 8400: Vista RC1 Install Gone Wrong...
    ... I have the most up to date SATA drivers for the 82801FR controller card ... In the Vista install, I select the option to load ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Add dual boot XP to installed Vista - now cant boot
    ... Create partition, Install XP to that, load xp and finish install ... Boot from vista install disc (try mininova.org to get ... Follow the remaining steps and you shud get ur dual boot sorted... ...
  • Re: Add dual boot XP to installed Vista - now cant boot
    ... If you want to dual boot xp and vista, vista installed first, ... Create partition, Install XP to that, load xp and finish install ... Boot from vista install disc (try mininova.org to get ...
  • Re: I need advice
    ... sata 1 or 2 slots. ... When trying to boot from Vista install disk then ... case 1394 connections - oem board = no manual and pdf manual of fuigsu ...
  • RE: Vista stalls and reboots at expanding files prompt
    ... I attempted a clean install and it goes ... all the way to completing the installation and then it hangs up. ... taken the Vista Install Disk out when it hangs and it still runs like the ... to 56% before the reboot. ...