RAID-0 XP 32bit Upgrade to Vista 64bit Ultimate
- From: mattsdad03 <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 16:58:53 -0500
I am attempting to install a RAID-0 setup. I have an Asus A8N-SLI
Premium & 2 Seagate 320gb HDD's. I have the Upgrade version of Vista64
which requires an OS installed on the HDD. After I upgrade to Vista64
the OS freaks. Sometimes it goes into an endless loop of reboots. And
sometimes Vista display an error message stating that there is a problem
with the RAID array. But Vista does not work properly. I am wondering is
this worth it, and if so, how do I fix it. Maybe it would be helpful if
I listed my install procedure.
1) from a clean HD I create a raid array in the BIOS.
2) run XP 32bit install
3) load nvidia RAID drivers
4) complete XP install
5) restart & run Vista install
after Vista installs is when I start to have problems.
any help would be apprectaied.
- Prev by Date: Re: Vista is missing?
- Next by Date: Re: New system, no OS, can't even get past setup
- Previous by thread: New system, no OS, can't even get past setup
- Next by thread: Re: RAID-0 XP 32bit Upgrade to Vista 64bit Ultimate