Re: Can vista be re-installed from scratch?

If you have a Vista dvd, yes. If your computer came with Vista preinstalled it should have a recovery partition and instructions on how to recover to factory condition.

"Capital Expert" <NAMEcapitalexpertsATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message news:Capital.Expert.2a75470@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've downloaded some programs that seem to conflict with some of Vista's
programs. Can the computer be cleaned out and Vista totally
reinstalled? Is there some special software I need?

--
Capital Expert

  • Re: vista ultimate oem
    ... While the Vista Disc contains all versions of Vista you don't have a legal key to installed Vista Ultimate. ... The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". ... copies of msdn aa:), I mean generally interested in vista that is on my notebook, well i opened recovery partition today and there were a few options like restoring points etc. but i didn't see create a vista cd, I need that DVD because I don't think that recovery partition would allow me to install another OS. ...
  • Re: Dual boot: Vista and Vista on 2 Hard Drives?
    ... check your PC user manual to see if there is a way of creating a recovery disc from your recovery partition. ... My machine came pre-installed with Vista but I stripped off the PC manufacturer' copy and installed a full retail copy of Vita Ultimate. ... The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". ... I will be using a separate retail box version of Vista to install in Japanese. ...
  • Re: vista ultimate oem
    ... I certainly wouldn't be downloading Vista from a torrent site because the resulting download will, ... The product key number on the base of your notebook may only work with the copy supplied by the PC manufacturer as the copy of Vista is tied to your machine. ... To stay legal either check to see if you can create a DVD recovery disc from the recovery partition or else buy a retail copy of Vista. ...
  • Re: Your suggestions / recomendations please ..
    ... I have built dozens of desktop PCs but never bought a brand name PC like HP or Dell etc. I've never used Windows Vista either. ... I've never used a 'Recovery DVD' or a factory installed recovery partition before. ... If, instead, I buy a notebook with a blank HD and install XP or Vista will I need some of the stuff that's on the 'Recovery partition' or on the 'Recovery DVD'? ... are the factory supplied cooling fans noisy like the average cooling fans in a desktop PC? ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • RE: Please help with Vista SP1 Disk Creation
    ... Above is the link for standalone 5 language version of Vista SP1 ... It is not an ISO file, so you do not have to make an image disk. ... Now i use the only option left which is recovery partition to install ... make a image of is and use it for future installation. ...