Re: not recognizing version

It's an OEM DVD. . . any change in your suggestion?

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

It sounds like you have a retail Vista dvd so perform an In-Place-Upgrade
with no SP1 installed unless the Vista dvd is a very recent one and has SP1
integrated (it doesn't sound like it from your posts).

This is similar to XP's Repair Install. You must start Vista Setup from the
desktop and then you proceed as in a normal upgrade installation. It will
not disturb your apps, files, and settings but make a backup anyway. It
will completely replace the OS with a clean copy and that should get rid of
any corrupted files and catalogs. Those are usually the cause of Windows
Update failures.

If you are using a laptop you must go onto AC (I think Setup will not let
you proceed on battery). You will need to catch up with Windows Update
again afterwards.

"SteveM" <SteveM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Removed sp1, reinstalled updates (failed) again tried to change product
key,
said it was activated but key didn't change. Just to be clear, the
original
load was an evaluation copy, never removed but installed over. It no
longer
says evaluation copy in right corner, but numerous updates have failed.
Have
reinstalled MS regsvr32 wintrust.dll

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

http://vistasupport.mvps.org/uninstall_sp1_beta.htm

Read the above link on how to uninstall Beta SP1, then install released
version SP1
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"SteveM" wrote:

I started with the evaluation version given at a show. Purchased a full
install (OEM) version, did upgrade. After installing service pack 1 all
seemed well. Bottom right of screen still says evaluation copy and a
prompt
comes up saying times almost up get a real version. Changed the product
key
multiple times and it keeps kicking back. What next?

  • RE: SBS2k3 SP1 SP2 mess
    ... It said file not found when attempting to install SBS SP1. ... Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 Service Pack 1 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cannot activate SBS 2003 SP2
    ... PCie card - sp1 slipstream is fine and gets all the way through so its a ... the arcane worls of MS Server stuff. ... other persons SP1 or SP2? ... My main reason for slipstreaming the install is because I cannot get ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Received fax errors after running SFC.exe
    ... No error message but it just doesn't seem to install. ... I do not have slipstreamed SBS CDs and as ... slipstreamed media the best I can think of is to extract the Win2003 SP1 ... Server Management> Fax> Configure Phone and Modem Options. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Updates if no internet connection
    ... Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista ... There are 3 prerequisites updates that are required before instaling the SP1 package that is available from Windows Update. ... I still can't work out if I need to install the three pre-SP1 updates even if I am using the standalone version of SP1. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: Webparts error after sp1 install
    ... SBS 2k3 Premium ... server set up to install the intranet. ... server prompted me that the version needed upgradeing to sp1 level. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)