Re: Vista Home Basic Install Problem

You couldn't get it to install from XP because OEM copies don't have any upgrade functionality. Only retail copies do that. OEM copies are not meant for end users anyway. They are for people who put together computers for sale to customers.

You don't give any info about your computer, such as the make and model or mobo, types of hdds, memory, video card or anything else so it is hard to tell what is not working right. Please post back with your specs and whether the Vista dvd is a branded disc.

"Bobster" <Bobster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A9EDD79E-683A-4B01-9383-D31BF9D3A003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm having the same issue with a oem vista reinstall. No matter what I do I
get the same message. I have tried all the usual things(format, delete
partitions, installing xp 1st, etc, etc) but to no avail.

"KenH" wrote:

I bought an OEM version of Vista to upgrade my XP machine. Couldn't seem to
get it to install from XP, so I wiped the HD and booted from the Vista
install DVD. After 15-20 minutes of trying to copy files from DVD to HD, I
get a message: Windows Setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine -
To install Windows restart the installation. But I seem to get the same
message after restarting the install.
Anyone have any idea how to get past this issue, to a successful Vista
install?
Thanks.

KenH

  • Re: BSoD During Install of Vista 64 bit
    ... Vista Upgrade Advisor does not find any issues. ... burning at slow speeds increases your chances of getting an accurate DVD. ... When people get BSODS on setup of a new operating system, that merits a check of the usual hardware suspects. ... You won't be able to do an upgrade install from XP, ...
  • Re: Vista Home Basic SP1 no luck
    ... DVD, but with backup/image/restore software on the HD. ... Windows update does not remind me anymore to install SP1, ... have really been stupid to get a Vista machine. ... restoration was some sort of restoration image on the hard drive ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Can XP be run from an alternate HD on a Vista PC?
    ... I have done motherboard, HD and other device replacement on OEM Edition XP ... on XP and Vista both) to set up the boot files correctly or you will only ... be able to boot into XP once you have run the repair install. ...
  • Re: Can XP be run from an alternate HD on a Vista PC?
    ... you will need to use a program like VistaBoot Pro to set up the boot files correctly or you will only be able to boot into XP once you have run the repair install. ... if the shop that helped you build the old computer installed an OEM copy of XP the software is permanently tied to the computer you acquired it with. ...
  • Re: Product Key cannot be validated!!!!
    ... Yes, a retail disk can be used to install an OEM installation, but it ... have been previously activated unless you install as you are attempting. ... You cannot use an OEM product key if your Vista DVD is a retail version. ...