Re: Windows Easy Transfer can't transfer from Vista-64bit?

I'll give that a try. Thanks for the referral!

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

You're welcome. Why don't you ask in the
microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general newsgroup. I believe some folks who
hang out there know about some third party programs that can do what you
want.

"RJ" <RJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Looks like you have the answer I "wasn't" looking for.

Now that I know the 64 to 32 bit WET transfer is not supported (MS only
knows why...) do you have any recommendations for a utility out there that
might support this? Free preferably but I'm open to options before I pull
the
plug and do it manually.

Thank you for the post Colin!

RJ

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

64 to 32 is the one way that is not supported. Sorry. All the other
possibilities work, of course.

"RJ" <RJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I tried out Vista Ultimate 64bit for a month and got whipped by driver
issues. I installed Vista Ultimate 32bit on a 2nd partition and tried
using
Windows Easy Transfer to transfer files and settings from the 64bit
installation and pick them up in the 32bit installaion. This is the
error
get every time I try to complete the transfer: "The store you selected
was
saved on a 64bit machine. Windows Easy Transfer cannot apply the data."

Is there a way to use WET to transfer files from a Vista-64bit
installation?

If not WET, is there another utility?

.