RE: Ndis.sys missing during dualboot install

Let me answer my own question.

Unplug or USB sotrage devices and disconnect from the network (unplug the
cable) then everything will work. At least it did in my case without any
problems.

"Crymoon" wrote:

I have the following problem:

I am trying to install Vista in another partition of my harddrive but every
tie I do it after the first reboot I get the ndis.sys missing or corrupt
message.

I have tried to copy it from my other vista, reinstall, repair, format and
install - nothing works so far.
Please help.

  • Re: Effectiveness of Severing Network Connection to Protect a Computer From Attack
    ... "disconnect" on each network connection in the control panel, ... might try to disconnect the network connections in the control panel. ... the attacker can't do that if you physically unplug the cables. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: SBS 2003 SP1 installation seems to be stuck in loop
    ... > All those errors are related to the fact that you unplugged the network ... I have removed the line in our document where you were told to unplug ... ISetupDataFile::GetPropertyValuefailed for account information in ... licensing link with error. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: sasser
    ... Unplug this system from the network. ... This will stop the system from rebooting long enough for you to download the MS04-011 patch and the cleaner tool. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: SBS 2003 SP1 installation seems to be stuck in loop
    ... All those errors are related to the fact that you unplugged the network ... SBS acts really weird when the Lan nic does not have a device ... What you should do is check the event logs for errors after a clean boot. ... I have removed the line in our document where you were told to unplug ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: "Network cable is unplugged" with a twist
    ... Now go to your network connections and remove them. ... make sure that you unplug the NIC during this process and only ... > My wife and I both hook up to a linksys router. ... > unplugged" on her onboard network connection. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)