Re: Windows Vista Home Premium

Hi: You have two questions here:

Starting from the end.

If you get the option to start your previous version of windows XP, means
that basically you did not format your hard disk.Probably you made an
instalation in the same partition. If you do not want to speed up the
selection and let as deault Windows Vista, just go to.
Start->Settings->Control panel->System-> Advanced system settings->Start up
and Recovery -> Settings -> system startup, there you have the default
operating system. Select windows vista and between 1 to 5 seconds to display
the messague.

About the video issue, as far as I know you be able to reproduce DVD. If you
plan to reproduce maybe divx, you will need the appropiate codecs.

Check the type of file that you plan to reproduce.

--
Un saludo
Juan Perez

"Petroman" <Petroman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I installed Vista on my PC it was running XP pro, every thing seems to be
working except I need a co-dec for media player it wont play hadly any
vids.
Also my main question; When I boot up after installing Vista a Doss screen
comes up and it asked if I want to boot to Vista or an older version? How
can
I stop this and I was under the impression that when I installed Vista it
formated "C" it said it did.
--
David "Cowboy" Clepper

  • Re: Computers in Philately.
    ... I still use the HP with Windows 98 offline. ... The borrowed laptop I am using has Vista, ... stamp files created with MS Office 2000 are compatable with Vista. ... format to open into the current version under Win-7 or HLV. ...
    (rec.collecting.stamps.discuss)
  • Re: Computers in Philately.
    ... I still use the HP with Windows 98 offline. ... The borrowed laptop I am using has Vista, ... format to open into the current version under Win-7 or HLV. ...
    (rec.collecting.stamps.discuss)
  • Re: Please help ntldr is missing
    ... About a month ago, my laptop (with vista as OS) started acting up, ... as well as ?windows\system32\stsem missing?. ... If you formatted the drive on a Windows XP computer, ... a clean format from XP? ...
  • Re: OT: More on WinXP vs Vista
    ... "New tests have revealed that Windows XP with the beta Service Pack 3 ... because they were created on Vista. ... It uses the DOCX format, which is supposed to make it easier for the 11 ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: Enumerating Explorer shell windows out of memory exception
    ... opened (to get the path of the opened explorer windows). ... I wasn't able to reproduce the problem on my machine but I guess that ... This shouldn't be an issue on Vista either, as long as you run your code in the logon session of interactive desktop, running this from a service won't work on vista. ...