Windows Vista Home Premium

I installed Vista on my PC it was running XP pro, every thing seems to be
working except I need a co-dec for media player it wont play hadly any vids.
Also my main question; When I boot up after installing Vista a Doss screen
comes up and it asked if I want to boot to Vista or an older version? How can
I stop this and I was under the impression that when I installed Vista it
formated "C" it said it did.
--
David "Cowboy" Clepper

  • Re: Install Windows XP on your Pre-Installed Windows Vista
    ... I'm encountering a dual-boot issue and I hope I got into the right ... I installed Vista 32 on my comp. ... A week ago I have formatted my HD and installed Vista 64. ... So I have installed Vista Boot Pro and I now have the option ...
  • Re: Install Windows XP on your Pre-Installed Windows Vista
    ... I'm encountering a dual-boot issue and I hope I got into the right ... A week ago I have formatted my HD and installed Vista 64. ... So I have installed Vista Boot Pro and I now have the option ... Since these files refer to a 32 bit operation system, ...
  • cant boot from install CD
    ... I installed Vista Home Premium and got a nasty hard drive failure error. ... So I was going to boot from the install CD and get into the Recovery Options in order to run chkdsk on the drive. ... It actaully starts booting from the CD but after the loading files step it just boots into the installed Vista environment. ...
  • Re: Mac automatically boots to Vista; "Option" key does nothing
    ... the new keyboard) and installed Vista using Boot Camp to help me with ... Vista installed just fine but unfortunately the ... on I can't choose which OS to boot. ... into Vista and I have no idea how to gain access to my Mac partition. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Re: Removing boot start up options
    ... Now when I restart my computer it goes straight to the Vista boot option ... as quick as superman to move the cursor to the old windows option as else ... Oh I also installed Vista on another drive other than my C drive ... you are not quite sure about actually deleteing them. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)