Re: Home Premium to Ultimate Failure

Continuing...
Having gone 'Online to get all updates (recommended)', then activating, and
clicking 'I agree with all the aforesaid conditions' on the Vista Ultimate
(among others) EULA, I am presented with

"Upgrade has been disabled.
The upgrade cannot be started. To upgrade, cancell the installation and then
choose to upgrade to a version of Windows that is more recent than the
version you are currently running."

Excuse me? What? There's software MORE RECENT than Vista Ultimate???

NOW what do I do.... (with my optimistic creditcard carrying IT buyer.. :)
RESEARCH.... please help!

"Rod Rocket" wrote:

It sounds like a good 'you idiot' reply, but I have a similar situation.
A worker with creditcard bought a lovely Lenovo T61 with Vista Home Premium
(says so right on the little sticker), much to my dismay - it NEEDS to
connect to a domain. 'No Worries' says the purchaser - just buy an upgrade -
only $150!! (Aussie). Yeah - but what about the $150/hr x countless that
I've spent trying to do the upgrade.
The Upgrade disk I bought doesn't have a code, and says it's SPECIFICALLY
for those who've bought Vista and are upgrading. (NOW I've read the horror
stories from Amazon buyers of this software package.. I'm worried - 4 hours
and counting).
I did install and ACTIVATE the Vista Home Premium, and restarted, before
trying the upgrade. MY error message says I can't upgrade because the
software I'm upgrading TO is older than the software I'm upgrading FROM.....

"Mark H" wrote:

Windows Anytime Upgrade requires that the current installation is activated.

"cadlearning" <cadlearning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Purchased an HP notebook with premium and set it up but did not activate
yet.

Then purchased an Ultimate Upgrade with anytime upgrade

Installed the upgrade using the key from the bottom of the PC when it
asked
for the current product key.

No errors. Finishes the upgrade and restarts and still is running Home
Premium.

Why did ultimate not take?

We need ultimate to login to a domain.

.