Re: Home Premium to Ultimate Failure

Continuing...
Having gone 'Online to get all updates (recommended)', then activating, and
clicking 'I agree with all the aforesaid conditions' on the Vista Ultimate
(among others) EULA, I am presented with

"Upgrade has been disabled.
The upgrade cannot be started. To upgrade, cancell the installation and then
choose to upgrade to a version of Windows that is more recent than the
version you are currently running."

Excuse me? What? There's software MORE RECENT than Vista Ultimate???

NOW what do I do.... (with my optimistic creditcard carrying IT buyer.. :)
RESEARCH.... please help!

"Rod Rocket" wrote:

It sounds like a good 'you idiot' reply, but I have a similar situation.
A worker with creditcard bought a lovely Lenovo T61 with Vista Home Premium
(says so right on the little sticker), much to my dismay - it NEEDS to
connect to a domain. 'No Worries' says the purchaser - just buy an upgrade -
only $150!! (Aussie). Yeah - but what about the $150/hr x countless that
I've spent trying to do the upgrade.
The Upgrade disk I bought doesn't have a code, and says it's SPECIFICALLY
for those who've bought Vista and are upgrading. (NOW I've read the horror
stories from Amazon buyers of this software package.. I'm worried - 4 hours
and counting).
I did install and ACTIVATE the Vista Home Premium, and restarted, before
trying the upgrade. MY error message says I can't upgrade because the
software I'm upgrading TO is older than the software I'm upgrading FROM.....

"Mark H" wrote:

Windows Anytime Upgrade requires that the current installation is activated.

"cadlearning" <cadlearning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Purchased an HP notebook with premium and set it up but did not activate
yet.

Then purchased an Ultimate Upgrade with anytime upgrade

Installed the upgrade using the key from the bottom of the PC when it
asked
for the current product key.

No errors. Finishes the upgrade and restarts and still is running Home
Premium.

Why did ultimate not take?

We need ultimate to login to a domain.

  • Re: Windows Vista Ultimate
    ... Ultimate, however I ran the Vista upgrade program from Microsoft, and it stated that the home basic version would progably be the best. ... If the Upgrade Advisor says your computer can only run Vista Basic, it will probably not run Vista Ultimate and give you all the Ultimate effects you want. ... If there are no drivers written (and they are written by the hardware mftr., not the people who put out the operating system - Microsoft in this case) for a particular operating system, then that hardware will not work in that operating system. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Having upgrade problems on Emachine T5224 Vista Ultimate
    ... Laptop to be upgraded from Vista Basic to Vista ... Ultimate and have Office reinstalled. ... On the e-machines box IE keeps locking up after the upgrade and throwing ... changing to larger hard drives in the laptop and both my other computers, ...
  • Re: Microsoft Anytime Upgrade Rip-Off
    ... bought a new HP mini note and was going to upgrade from the OEM Vista ... Business that came on the machine to Vista Ultimate, ...
  • Re: Ultimate will not install over my Home Premium
    ... The upgrade should work fine if you just install it. ... If you bought the card separately and the card is branded ... problem and I ran ran Vista Update advisor and it told me Vista will ... So again I am unable to upgrade to Ultimate. ...
  • Re: Forged mail addresses
    ... should go with Vista Ultimate. ... usually advise users of those machines to upgrade. ... that asks me about buying a computer. ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)