Re: Home Premium to Ultimate Failure

Windows Anytime Upgrade requires that the current installation is activated.

"cadlearning" <cadlearning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Purchased an HP notebook with premium and set it up but did not activate
yet.

Then purchased an Ultimate Upgrade with anytime upgrade

Installed the upgrade using the key from the bottom of the PC when it
asked
for the current product key.

No errors. Finishes the upgrade and restarts and still is running Home
Premium.

Why did ultimate not take?

We need ultimate to login to a domain.

  • Re: Can I use an alternate upgrade?
    ... What I am looking at is purchasing Office ... Ultimate '07 (b/c I can get it for the same price as any other version right ... now) but I only want to purchase it if later I can buy the upgrade to say ... current installation office ultimate - Can I use office small ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: upgrade from premium to ultimate
    ... You do need to have the Dell driver package as well the as install media. ... I upgraded my HP laptop to Ultimate before ... The university's upgrade disk must be ... at the same or higher service pack level than the installation. ...
  • Re: Vista Ultimate would not allow upgrade due to Service Pack
    ... I did not mean to imply that you could do in place upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit OSs I know that a clean install on either a newly formatted partition or a clean install to replace an existing 32bit OS on a partition. ... I was suggesting that it might make sense to go from the 32 bit Premium direct to the 64 bit ultimate SP1 and not upgrading to 32 bit Ultimate and then later upgrading to 64 bit Ultimate. ... If you have the retail version of Vista Ultimate Upgrade it should have come with both a 32 bit installation DVD and a 64 bit installation DVD so if your new laptop is 64 bit capable and you can borrow a SP1 UltimateDVD then you may be able to upgrade direct to 64 bit. ...
  • Re: Can I use an alternate upgrade?
    ... Ultimate '07 (b/c I can get it for the same price as any other version right ... now) but I only want to purchase it if later I can buy the upgrade to say ... current installation office ultimate - Can I use office> small ... on what will work as an upgrade qualifier for Office 2010, there is no hard and fast answer to the last question. ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: Windows Vista Ultimate
    ... Ultimate, however I ran the Vista upgrade program from Microsoft, and it stated that the home basic version would progably be the best. ... If the Upgrade Advisor says your computer can only run Vista Basic, it will probably not run Vista Ultimate and give you all the Ultimate effects you want. ... If there are no drivers written (and they are written by the hardware mftr., not the people who put out the operating system - Microsoft in this case) for a particular operating system, then that hardware will not work in that operating system. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)