Activation: product key from old HD?

I recently built a new PC, and installed a genuine copy of Vista Home
Premium, then activated it. Now I have fitted a new HD (I've still got the
old one) and done a fresh install.

When I try to activate, it says the product key is in use. This is a bit
odd, because I don't recall re-entering the it. However, I've got about 10
used product keys, and I don't know which one it was!

Is there a way to discover the product key from the old HD?

  • Re: Product counterfeiting - Not Genuine
    ... Shenan - Thank you very very much. ... Also - have you verified the product key on the sticker is even ... BTW - just because a number was used to install it - doesn't mean ...
  • Re: License Code
    ... Did you install XP from scratch on the new HDD, or did you use a backup ... Remember the Product Key in MS Works Suite, ... Word has one product key and Windows another one. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: XP Pro Validation
    ... recommended will change the product key. ... recent service pack than the copy of Windows on your CD. ... clean install with your legitimate copy of Windows. ... I recently got a messge saying that my copy of XP Pro was not genuine, ...
  • Re: Reinstall
    ... The product key will be tied to an OEM copy and, in return, to your PC. ... The retail copy of the operating system allows me to install it on any machine; whereas an OEM installed by the PC manufacturer is rather limiting. ... I have just purchased a new laptop with Vista Home Premium installed. ... If there is no recovery partition on the hard drive (check ...
  • Re: Roll XP Retail licences to Volume license?
    ... repair or complete reinstall will you need to use the Product Key. ... all of your setups are the same, you could clone the install and then ... > "volume" media vs. the retail. ... Microsoft has a licensing option ...