Re: Dual boot: Vista and Vista on 2 Hard Drives?

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 09:17:36 +0100, Nigel Molesworth
<reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There are many articles on how to dual boot Vista and XP, but I want to dual
boot Vista and Vista, with an existing installation, on 2 Hard Drives.

Currently I switch these in the BIOS, but I'd much rather chose at a later
stage, can this be done?

Use the bootrec /rebuildbcd command.
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392>

Why? Because I keep one of the drives for random software that I rarely use.

  • Dual boot: Vista and Vista on 2 Hard Drives?
    ... There are many articles on how to dual boot Vista and XP, ... boot Vista and Vista, with an existing installation, on 2 Hard Drives. ...
  • Re: My troublesome P5W DH De Luxe boards
    ... The last problem I recall appeared to be the floppy controller failing, but I couln't pin that down definitely, as I might have got the power connector the wrong way round. ... Not to mention a lot of data on the hard drives that I would like to access or recover. ... Power light comes on on the board, CPU and video card fans both spin up, but can't get into BIOS and see no video. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Multi-Boot Question...
    ... > use the BIOS to switch between the two, ... >>> Install the drive into the tray. ... computerwith removable hard drives holds enormous ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Boot stops at countdown
    ... Thanks for the responses Ernie I will work on them tonight. ... By hardware I take it you mean the parts inside the tower, ... am working off 2 seperate towers and 2 seperate hard drives. ... you may have to make a change in bios to boot from the cd. ...
  • Re: all kinds of computer problems
    ... Sorry forgot to mention the PSU. ... I decided to upgrade BIOS, upgrade failed and totally killed the ... Then, once I got into BIOS setup and it did not freeze, I ... connected the hard drives and finally was able to boot up. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)