Re: Black Screen

SomeOne.. wrote:

Well, the computer is about 6 months old,

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
GPU: nVidia Geforce 8500GT
Ram: 2047 Mb
OS: Windows Vista Home Premium

There is activity and such, after about 10 minutes the arrow appears, but
there is nothing to click on, it'ts a black background.

The computer starts, it checks the discs and all that stuff.
Then it asks to push a button to start from the dvd, so I do that, it
loads the files, then the windows loading bar comes up. but then it's just
a black screen, so I can't choose to repair the computer ...

Why would you be getting a prompt to start from the DVD? Either you've
removed the hard drive from the boot order or the hard drive has failed.
Time to:

1. Do hardware troubleshooting yourself; or

2. Call the computer mftr.'s tech support since it's only 6 months old and
presumably still under warranty; or

3. Take the machine to a local computer repair shop.

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Hardware_Tshoot

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers

  • Reformat and Clean install problem
    ... I'm trying to reformat for a clean install of Windows Vista Home ... Premium x32 onto my laptop. ... DVD', however i have a retail copy not supplied with the laptop. ... (f8 options as in safe mode, EMS, last know working configuration, ...
  • Re: Silverlight and Error Message C00D11C6
    ... Which DVD decoders do you have installed according to DecCheck? ... My operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1. ... that means I have Windows Media Player 11. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • DVD+R discs burned in Vista cant be read on Vista machine
    ... WIndows Vista Home Premium ... DVD RW Drive: ... "Prepare this blank disc" message). ...
  • Windows DVD Maker stops at 98.8%
    ... Center m8200n PC with Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit. ... with publishing from WMM to DVD using Window DVD Maker. ... The only thing mentioned is to check the burner and make sure it is ... I should mention that I have an internal LightScribe ...