Re: Problem instaling Service Pack 1 for Vista

Please take advantage of the free SP1 support at
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=11274

"Xyon" <Xyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:17311357-9011-44AF-B6B1-EC288FABB7A0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Everytime I try to install SP1 on my DELL XPS 700 I get stuck in a rebooting
loop when the time to restart comes.

I get the following message

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the
cause.
To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer.
2. Choose your language settings and click next.
3. Click "repair your computer"

It also gives me the following options:

4. Safe Mode
5. Safe Mode with networking
6. Safe Mode with Command Prompt
7. Last known good configuration
8. Start Windows normally

no matter wich options I choose my computer either freezes or takes me back
to this screen.

I am able to repair and restore my computer by using my vista upgrade disk
but this whole problem reocures everytime I retry to install SP1

.