Re: Problem instaling Service Pack 1 for Vista

Please take advantage of the free SP1 support at
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=11274

"Xyon" <Xyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:17311357-9011-44AF-B6B1-EC288FABB7A0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Everytime I try to install SP1 on my DELL XPS 700 I get stuck in a rebooting
loop when the time to restart comes.

I get the following message

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the
cause.
To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer.
2. Choose your language settings and click next.
3. Click "repair your computer"

It also gives me the following options:

4. Safe Mode
5. Safe Mode with networking
6. Safe Mode with Command Prompt
7. Last known good configuration
8. Start Windows normally

no matter wich options I choose my computer either freezes or takes me back
to this screen.

I am able to repair and restore my computer by using my vista upgrade disk
but this whole problem reocures everytime I retry to install SP1

  • RE: Blank screen on login
    ... I have a Dell Inspiron 9100 with Windows XP Home SP2. ... driver for some reason, especially after a long time being shut down. ... Dell's original solution to this problem was to restart in Safe mode (they ...
  • Re: sraytb.exe
    ... Restart in Safe mode by hitting F8 as Windows first begins to load on boot. ... Look in the right hand pane for the string or strings that load that file. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP Home Edt. Does Not Reload - Blank Screen
    ... I couldnt restart it on my ... I saw the windows logo showing on my screen while ... I tried safe mode, Last Known Good Configuration, Start ... then install it in an external USB case. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP crashes on boot C0000221 STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH LZ32.dll corruption
    ... Try very hard to startup in Safe Mode. ... Follow the steps below to expand a file from the Windows XP CD: ... On the Restore from text box, specify the position of the Windows XP CD. ... Restart your computer. ...
  • Re: Help!!!!!! my Acer is doing my head in!
    ... Are you running WinXP SP3? ... your system might appear to work normally after you restart. ... When you restart your computer or upgrade to Windows XP, ... Safe Mode with Networking ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)