Re: Problem instaling Service Pack 1 for Vista
- From: "Colin Barnhorst" <c.barnhorst@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 16:36:59 -0600
Please take advantage of the free SP1 support at
"Xyon" <Xyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:17311357-9011-44AF-B6B1-EC288FABB7A0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Everytime I try to install SP1 on my DELL XPS 700 I get stuck in a rebooting
loop when the time to restart comes.
I get the following message
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the
To fix the problem:
1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer.
2. Choose your language settings and click next.
3. Click "repair your computer"
It also gives me the following options:
4. Safe Mode
5. Safe Mode with networking
6. Safe Mode with Command Prompt
7. Last known good configuration
8. Start Windows normally
no matter wich options I choose my computer either freezes or takes me back
to this screen.
I am able to repair and restore my computer by using my vista upgrade disk
but this whole problem reocures everytime I retry to install SP1
- Prev by Date: Re: Product key help please!
- Next by Date: Re: Product key help please!
- Previous by thread: Re: Product key help please!
- Next by thread: Unable to get DreamScene to work :(