Re: Installation Problem

"HawthorneKitty" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:a1362fd631b4c1c937053d63a7b0058e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am currently trying to install Windows Vista on my computer, but an
error keeps the installation from being a success. It tells me of an
error labeled "0x8007045D". Currently, There is no working OS installed
into the computer and my XP disk won't work also. Is there any way to
fix this? Thank you for reading.

--
HawthorneKitty

You may have a problem with your DVD drive.

Are you installing from a genuine DVD or a backup of Vista?

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

  • Re: SBS SP 1 installation error
    ... Installation Status: Success ... Error Message: NA ... Component Name: Server Tools ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Installation SBS 2003 SP1
    ... Installation Status: Success ... Error Message: NA ... Component Name: Server Tools ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS SP 1 installation error
    ... I wouldn't put the server in production with what you have. ... Installation Status: Success ... Error Message: NA ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SQL SP4 killed Sharepoint and Monitoring
    ... just prior to running an ASR restore of the server. ... Installation Status: Success ... Error Message: NA ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS SP 1 installation error
    ... Server Tools on the E partition, if I want to change it back to C:\, I will ... Installation Status: Success ... Error Message: NA ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)