Re: Downgrading from Vista to XP

"Teelzy" <Teelzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A52562E9-E0E8-4F90-81B4-FDD0E8AABB5C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am wanting to get rid of the monster Vista and go back to using my old OS
(XP). I am extremely tired of the incompatability of Vista with many of my
older games that I have come to love. Beside this, I also can't see any pros
in Vista over XP.

All my complaining aside, what are the steps I need to take to go back to
XP. I have an F45-AV413 Qosmio by Toshiba (Laptop). I am going to need some
step by step assistance most likely, but I have done alot of reinstalling but
never a downgrade, I have also heard that there may be some compatability
issues.

Any and all help is very appreciated, thanks in advance.

Zach

1. Make sure you have the XP drivers for all devices. Check with Toshiba for needed drivers.
2. Back up all data files you want to save.
3. Boot from your XP install CD, format the hard drive, then install XP.

  • Re: KB943078 failed installation
    ... I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a difficult time with the Toshiba version of Vista. ... Is there a video adapter installed or is the system sharing memory with an integrated adapter built into the motherboard? ... hours on the phone with a wonderfully patient and polite technician who tried everything to accomplish the install. ... This request confirmed my own idea of wiping the hard drive and re-installing Vista from the recovery disk. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: Upgraded vista and want to restore
    ... I would look for some type of restore CD from Toshiba or call them and get ... one with Vista on it that will do a fresh install of Vista. ... I purchased a Toshiba laptop in the end of 2007. ...
  • Re: Will XP replace Vista
    ... If it was designed for XP, Toshiba should have XP drivers for it. ... If there are no XP drivers there, then XP will not run properly on it. ... It comes with VISTA and he plans to install XP on ... And then, if the computer was designed *for* Vista, yes - he ...
  • Re: clubbing of windows vista and windows server2008 in a single boota
    ... I am not sure if you can go clubbing with Vista or Windows 2008 ... rather than being an 'installer', ... John Pritchard how it all works and got some surprising answers. ... Imaging (.WIM) file, which is basically our operating system folders ...
  • clubbing of windows vista and windows server2008 in a single boota
    ... i want to club the windows vista and windows server 2008 in a single bootable ... Vista DVD? ... can you build a custom Vista install DVD that doesn’t ... John Pritchard how it all works and got some surprising answers. ...