Re: Downgrading from Vista to XP

"Teelzy" <Teelzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A52562E9-E0E8-4F90-81B4-FDD0E8AABB5C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am wanting to get rid of the monster Vista and go back to using my old OS
(XP). I am extremely tired of the incompatability of Vista with many of my
older games that I have come to love. Beside this, I also can't see any pros
in Vista over XP.

All my complaining aside, what are the steps I need to take to go back to
XP. I have an F45-AV413 Qosmio by Toshiba (Laptop). I am going to need some
step by step assistance most likely, but I have done alot of reinstalling but
never a downgrade, I have also heard that there may be some compatability
issues.

Any and all help is very appreciated, thanks in advance.

Zach

1. Make sure you have the XP drivers for all devices. Check with Toshiba for needed drivers.
2. Back up all data files you want to save.
3. Boot from your XP install CD, format the hard drive, then install XP.

.