Re: Vista upgrade from xp problem

Disconnect all non-essential hardware, especially usb devices other than the keyboard and mouse. Does that help?

"michael40card" <michael40card@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:DD6A9682-CE48-46CE-AEF4-771B0C4F6D8B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all
my problem is this:
i have XP media 2005 edition and am trying to upgrade to Vista Home Premium.
The first parts of the upgrade works fine, untill i am about 48% through the
'compleating upgrade' (after installing the upgrades). The screen goes blank
at this point and then the system reboots.
After the loading screen, the screen goes blank with only the mouse pointer.
The mouse does respond, but after waiting up to an hour nothing else happens.

I have tried booting in safemode, but when it loads, a message indicates
that i have to finish the install process before i can use safemode.

My system is fully compatible for upgrade.
system specs:
2.2ghz duel cpu
3gb ram
256mb NVidia GPU

I am running the monitor with a standard VGA input, and i suspect this may
be an issue. I am considering a clean install on a seprate partition, but i
suspect the results will be the same.

Thanks for any help

  • Re: Web vs. Desktop based systems
    ... provider with better privacy policy (perhaps Yahoo) also provides ... to other folder or reporting spam or changing the filter recipes. ... But how do you *really* know the important upgrade that keeps ... The alert-window doesn't exactly say *why* you need to install this ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Requesting some leniency on your piracy protection program ple
    ... If Windows is retail, not at all. ... You can reinstall, upgrade, move to a different computer all you want as long as it is only installed on one computer at a time. ... The things I do not get, is not being able to> install the same ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: 10.6.7 Just works
    ... If you have the install disc just pop it in and do a reinstall. ... The recent upgrade to 10.6.7 brings a lot of problems with third part ... I have tried switching System Language, and even restarting the mac. ... Did anyone else run into a slow restart after the 10.6.7 update ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: upgrading xp to vista premium question
    ... Vista Upgrade. ... My understanding is that any type of installation of Vista will do the same ... would you end up with a Clean Install after an Upgrade? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Versions and Updates
    ... SuSE won't upgrade it via YOU for you. ... The same goes for KDE, Gnome, or any ... Gnome packages on their website. ... You're required to install lua from another website: ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)