Re: Installation Problem

Wipe the dvd with a soft cloth and try again.

I take it the computer came originally with XP preinstalled? Can you restore to factory condition and then run the Vista Upgrade advisor?

"HawthorneKitty" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:45ede1257938ccb45d042b24c34c86be@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is a genuine DVD.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Disk imaging program?
    ... Zerofree is documented to work on ext2, 3 and 4, while sfill allegedly will work with any mounted filesystem (including NTFS? ... If as you suspect, during a restore, I cannot boot a *buntu Live disc, then remove it just before running a dd restoration command (so that the first image DVD can be inserted, ready for dd to find), then I would not be able to create a DVD emergency-recovery/factory-restore set. ...
  • Re: restore HP LAPTOP
    ... I have 2 DVD double layer from HP to restore. ... Windows System Restore is sometimes confused with HP Recovery Manager. ... I have tried to copy the dvd on my USB external Hard disk but on boot ...
  • Re: Can I save my system files on a DVD?
    ... as an excellent system backup (or restore) ... If your Dell is like some other Dells, as a last recourse, there is ... the system files) I'm wondering if and how I can save the system files? ... it on a DVD. ...
  • Re: System Restore Problems
    ... The DVD player/writer has four options to change. ... > Your system has quite a bit of power with plenty of RAM. ... (Instead of using restore you ... > my windows wont start it say windows system32 configuration fi le is either corrupt or missing it wont start windows. ...
  • Re: How to do it: 8 HP Rescue Disks to 1 HP Rescue Disk?
    ... How did you do the restore DVD? ... want to put a restore partition on floppies! ... The restore partition is a FAT disk some 5GIGs large. ...