Re: Vista 32-bit seeings 8gbs?

If you ar using SP1, then it will REPORT the acutal amount of RAM, but
it will not utilize it at all. They just fixed that in SP1 to show how
much is installed, but not how much is actually used.

--
PC509

Dustin Harper
dharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.vistarip.com

  • Re: Windows Vista Ultimate/ Virus Protection
    ... I am running Vista ... Quad Processor and 4gb Ram that seems to work after SP1. ... Reschedule the AVG to run at a different time, ...
  • Re: Why is VS.Net 2005 so SLOW?
    ... every hotfix I've added has fixed one ... You'll probably have to wait for the SP1 ... Transition from web page design view to source view is hideously slow ... I think M$ tried to scale in such a way that low end RAM systems would work ...
    (microsoft.public.vstudio.development)
  • Large usege of Page File
    ... I have a machin running SBS 2003 SP1, with 3GB of RAM. ... After reading a few articals of the /3GB switch I have realized I ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: computer BSODs on me CONSTANTLY
    ... I doubt SP1 has a real fix for the 4GB issue cause that is a physicsal x86 memory registers limitation - very roughly, 32-bit CPU can use/address max 3.2GB RAM. ...
  • W2003 + SP1 => Uncomplete Hardware inventory
    ... RAM, Slot infomraiton ... Clearly it's the SP1, but I'm not an expert of what is WMI's configuration, ...