Re: Downgrading from Vista to XP

Try using XP compatibility mode...............

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/bf416877-c83f-4476-a3da-8ec98dcf5f101033.mspx

It worked fine for my HP 6300 Scan Jet application!
--
Manuel Nonaca
MIS/M University of Phoenix Online

"Teelzy" <Teelzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A52562E9-E0E8-4F90-81B4-FDD0E8AABB5C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am wanting to get rid of the monster Vista and go back to using my old OS
(XP). I am extremely tired of the incompatability of Vista with many of my
older games that I have come to love. Beside this, I also can't see any pros
in Vista over XP.

All my complaining aside, what are the steps I need to take to go back to
XP. I have an F45-AV413 Qosmio by Toshiba (Laptop). I am going to need some
step by step assistance most likely, but I have done alot of reinstalling but
never a downgrade, I have also heard that there may be some compatability
issues.

Any and all help is very appreciated, thanks in advance.

Zach

  • Re: not a pst file!
    ... I have a new computer that had Vista OS on it and i chnaged ... I had Outllok 2007 on the Vista and i burnt the pst file to a cd ... In the majority of cases I've seen, if Outlook says the file is not a PST, then so will SCANPST. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: reverting back to 2003
    ... move to Vista and found it terribly slow in XP. ... file system and, thus, my Outlook PST from the 2007 installation ... Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003 use the ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: can OL2003 PST file be opened or imported?
    ... In order to do so Outlook must be configured on the Vista PC, ... to that pst (which you dont use Import to conect to outlook, ... Then transfer your OE msg store and wab file to the Vista ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Offline Files with psts
    ... Vista SP1 machine. ... One of the off-line files is a 85MB pst and its ... that it creates once Outlook is opened - this sync error occurs even ... quite sure how relevant this registyry entry is though as all the ...
  • Re: reverting back to 2003
    ... move to Vista and found it terribly slow in XP. ... file system and, thus, my Outlook PST from the 2007 installation ... Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003 use the same Unicode format PST. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)