Re: Vista64 installs OK but then.

Hi,

Check your hardware detection settings as well as master/slave settings on the individual drives. This isn't a windows issue, it's a hardware one.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Smithy" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:b469787bc98a4efb5d3310bcf2ab364f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

G'day :)
I'm posting here in hopes of someone helping me solve my problem with
Vista64.
I am currently running vista32,have 3 Hard drives, with one being for
OS,2 for data.
SO in the pursuit of great things, bought Vista64,and just to make life
easier,a new HDD to install to.
Unpluged all existing HDD's and connected new HDD,began the new install
:party:
well it installed ok,even did some updates online,then i thought, time
to connect the Data drives.
well everything went pearshaped:sick:,nothing but a blank screen.
disconnected the new HDD and reconnected the vista32,presto,all good
again.
so after some disscution with my supplier,got a new HDD.
Start again,this time loaded the ich9r driver at the load driver
screen,then install,
all good,loaded the M/B drivers,all good, connected the Data
disks,:sick: blank screen.
we pluged the HDD into a XP pro machine, and checked in disk
management,all ok, active partition,with windows files.
reconnected to my M/B, and nothing, doesnt even find disk connected.
I am stuck! and would love some help, please.
after googleing [for some days now] have found nothing that helps me
fix this problem
and I am not that savy with computers,usually they just work.But not
this time...
my config~
q6600, GA X38 DQ6, 4x1Gig 800ram, 8800gt 512 vid card.

cheers.

--
Smithy

  • Re: Can you please help me?
    ... External hard drives and flash drives should work fine, as Windows XP has ... original install media. ... Use of the proper recovery ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: SATA drive not recognised
    ... by the BIOS (I just had to put a jumper on the HDD to convert it to SATA1), ... I tried to install Windows XP professional. ... P.S. I'm NOT trying to do any sort of RAID configuration, I just want the SATA HDD as a single drive with no "backing-up" or "spreading the information over multiple drives" or anything like that. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: 2 SATA drives and 1 IDE drive Not Recognized
    ... I tried to install the motherboard driver utility from the original CD- ... ROM within Windows. ... LifeGuard to find out if it sees the drives. ... Then just update the drivers if newer versions are available on the web site ...