Re: How to recover a missing partition

Hi Derek,

PM8 is not compatible with Vista and should not have been used in the first place. You might try mbrwork from terabyteunlimited.com to recover the lost volume. You'll find it in the free tool downloads.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Derek" <derekchangch@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:64E00173-9855-4204-BEED-A8E7A34B5B68@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

When Partition Magic 8 fixed my hard drive at start up, I found that one partition missing after Vista SP1 was bootstrapped. From within the Disk Management tool, the missing partition can be seen in the lower list(it is not listed in the upper list). Vista displayed an error when I right clicked the properties of the missing partition.

I am very frustrated with Partition Magic for causing such disaster. Despite trying some softwares to recover the missing partition, the problem persists.

Can anyone help?

Best regards,
Derek

  • Re: How to recover a missing partition
    ... Mbrwork has to be run from a bootable floppy, ... Windows help - www.rickrogers.org ... I am prepared to reinstall Vista but it cannot find the missing partition during installation. ... From within the Disk Management tool, the missing partition can be seen in the lower list. ...
  • Re: How to recover a missing partition
    ... Unfortunately, Vista forced Mbrwork to close by displaying "An application has attempted to directly access the hard disk, which cannot be supported" ... I am prepared to reinstall Vista but it cannot find the missing partition during installation. ... From within the Disk Management tool, the missing partition can be seen in the lower list. ...
  • Re: OT: MS VISTA (more pain)
    ... I had something similar happen with my PC running Vista Ultimate. ... the Backup and Recovery software that comes with Vista Ultimate and had ... it in order to be able to recover my files with their Backup/Recovery ... To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * ...
    (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
  • Re: OT: MS VISTA (more pain)
    ... I had something similar happen with my PC running Vista Ultimate. ... the Backup and Recovery software that comes with Vista Ultimate and had ... it in order to be able to recover my files with their Backup/Recovery ... To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * ...
    (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
  • Re: Error message display driver igfx stopped responding
    ... This most likely is not a Vista issue. ... Recover ... Causes include incompatible hardware along with incompatible drivers. ... To look at the report, ...