Re: SPWIZENG.DLL is not a valid windows image

Civixsi wrote:
I've had the same problem but with the Vista Business edition I got from
MSDN. Ive burnt over 10 dvd's now. I get the same messages as described
above. I've downloaded the .iso twice now. I've used Alcohol 120%,
ImgBurn, and on Ubuntu I used GnomeBaker and K3B. I get the same
messages trying to install on my laptop and my PC. I even swapped out
my DVD reader on my PC with a spare. Its driving me crazy! Did anyone
resolve this?

It's not really clear from your inquiry if you are trying to use "SPWIZENG.DLL" as the main file for burning a DVD.

A file that has the dll extension is not an image file but a system file. DLL is an acronym for "Dynamic Link Library". So if you are trying to burn a DVD (or whatever) with just this file alone, it won't work regardless of the software you use. You can use your software to burn a *copy* of this file to DVD (or whatever) for backup purposes or if you wanted to transfer the file to another computer for examples.

To burn a DVD from an image file, you need a valid image file; a common extension for image files is "iso".

For example: VistaBusiness.iso

Recheck your sources to make sure you are downloading the correct file. :-)

  • Re: copying DVDs
    ... "Burn this project again". ... Will the video quality be ... to the DVD format. ... How to create an image file from a disc with ImgBurn ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
  • Re: DVD iso
    ... > You could then burn your DVD image using that. ... > than downloading the multiple CD ISOs you'd need to install Fedora. ... The Knoppix approach doesn't seem significantly easier ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: cant burn files to dvd
    ... i'm gonna sound really stupid but i have been downloading ... > films from limewire pro and no matter what i use i can't burn them ... > one of the many freely available dvd playing softwares. ...
  • Re: Photo Story 3 - burning to DVDs
    ... I'm running Photo Story 3 with the Sonic addon that helps PS3 burn ... I told it to burn 10 copies of my video to DVD. ... How to create an image file from a disc with ImgBurn ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: bootable DVDR
    ... > that shows how to burn and iso image to a dvdr and make it bootable. ... When you burn an iso image either to a CD or to a DVD, ... you cannot alter an image file within any burning software to ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)