Re: Can't start Money

Curious...why does it have to be installed in the "Program Files" directory.....doesn't the setup program allow installation anywhere the installer wants to put on their hard drive(s)?

Be pretty weird in this and age if it did, IMHO. :-)

Curious wrote:
What do you mean by "tried installing in my documented"?
You should be installing it in Program Files.
"Marty" <Marty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6176BBEC-C115-47E4-8BBD-7B53ED9F3788@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just bought a new laptop with vista home premium when trying to install
Money Plus Deluxe it seems to install but when i try to open it says i need
to run setup from the cd. i tried installing in my documents same problem.
not sure what to do i'm running as the admin so that shouldn't be a problem.

  • Re: Help installing OE
    ... Most of the OE program files are found in ... OLEXP: Err Msg: Outlook Express Could Not Be Started Because ... installing it. ... sysoc.inf to make sure OE is being listed among the other Windows ...
  • Re: More Windows 7 info
    ... OK, based on your recommendation, and, Bob, I blame you, I am installing Win7 into my laptop. ... version of Windows has had 2 Program Files directories since XP 64 bit. ... In all 64 bit versions of 64 bit Windows, Program Files is where all 64 bit software is installed, and Program Files is where all 32 bit software is installed. ... Shake, shake, shake. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Best Installation Location on Vista
    ... computer experience. ... A few users are getting new computers with vista installed by default. ... I have heard that installing to program files is not working under ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: AVR compilers
    ... How about installing in C:\Program Files? ... I'm pretty picky about wanting ... Just because "Program Files" is a convention, doesn't mean it is a good ... > most common of which is wanting to write in the install directory at run ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: VB6 in Vista
    ... from the Program Files folder ... ... That means no way to handle all-user data. ... Program Files is being redefined as a Microsoft- ... I've been considering installing everything into ...