Re: Undocumented Directx 9.0c Installation issue

"Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
You cannot install DirectX 9.0c in Vista because Vista already contains
DirectX 10, which replaces all prior versions of DirectX. No solution
offered by the Microsoft web site will allow you to install the older
version of DirectX over the newer.

--

You sure can install DirectX 9.0c in Vista. If you check the MS website
you will see that the latest DX9c, ver 9.22.1284, is supported for all

  • Re: Dx10 issue
    ... have a corrupt install of DX10 on my system. ... I went to reinstall DX10 ... DirectX, we used to get tons of people calling saying, "well Gateway ... There's really no way to "corrupt" directX unless your Hard drive is ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)
  • Re: The sims2 and directx 10
    ... After downloading directx 9.0c, ... While searching around for the sims error log, ... aren't found in DX10. ... The solution is to install the DX 9.0c package as normal. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)
  • Re: The sims2 and directx 10
    ... If I am remembering what I have read throughout these news groups, but I remember seeing in responses to other questions that directx10 is not all inclusive and entirely better than directx 9.0c. ... If I have read things correctly, they are different libraries that one program may need one while another program may need another. ... The problem now is that I do not think DX10 is compatible with TS2, ... is there a program that I can install ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)
  • Re: Installing DirectX9 on Vista with DirectX10
    ... your pc will still play DX10 games exactly as before but will now also be fully DX9 compatible. ... My video card is compliant with and supports directx 10 as does my sound card. ... Do I have to install the directx 9.0c that comes with Chessmaster 11 in order to get it to run? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)
  • Re: CLEANED UP - - Missing or corrupted DxSetup.exe
    ... You may think that you're running Avira AntiVir but your HijackThis ... this DxSetup.exe error message occurs when I try to install ... Intel's Network Adapter Drivers 15.4.1 for Windows XP. ... DirectX June 2010 Redistributable. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)