Re: Have new computer but want to use vista from old computer.

Rodney wrote:
I have just recently bought a new computer built from scratch and im looking to put vista on it but what i want to do is wipe the old computer clean so it has no windows on it and then install vista on the new computer using the disk i used for my old one and then activte it. Is it possible for me to do that? and if it is can someone tell me what i will need to do?

Assuming a retail license (OEM licenses are not legitimately transferable), simply remove Vista from the computer it is currently on and then install it on the new computer. If it's been more than 120 days since you last activated that specific Product Key, the you'll most likely be able to activate via the Internet without problem. If it's been less, you might have to make a 5 minute phone call.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin

The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

  • Re: Smartcard logging - No valid certificates found
    ... I don't know if the safenet software is 100% compatible with VISTA. ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ... The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers. ...
  • Re: No fix for Epson scanner and Vista
    ... to Vista being incompatible with our HP printer/it's graphic software. ... Thanks to Vista we will now be forced to either purchase new perifs, ... The philosopher has never killed any priests, ...
  • Re: Use MS Vista Side Bar in XP Pro
    ... Just download my new laptop from Vista to XP, but want to use Vista side bar features in XP professional. ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ... The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: NOT KOOL
    ... But doesn't Outlook 2000 have problems with remembering passwords on Vista? ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ... The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers. ...
  • Re: Vista and XP
    ... So, instead, I'll be running XP and not Vista, but from a remote drive. ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ... The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers. ...