Re: Have new computer but want to use vista from old computer.
- From: Bruce Chambers <bchambers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 10:53:25 -0600
I have just recently bought a new computer built from scratch and im looking to put vista on it but what i want to do is wipe the old computer clean so it has no windows on it and then install vista on the new computer using the disk i used for my old one and then activte it. Is it possible for me to do that? and if it is can someone tell me what i will need to do?
Assuming a retail license (OEM licenses are not legitimately transferable), simply remove Vista from the computer it is currently on and then install it on the new computer. If it's been more than 120 days since you last activated that specific Product Key, the you'll most likely be able to activate via the Internet without problem. If it's been less, you might have to make a 5 minute phone call.
Help us help you:
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin
Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand Russell
The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
- Prev by Date: RE: How to format during Vista Ulitmate Upgrade install?
- Next by Date: Re: BSOD when trying to re-install Windows Ultimate 64bit
- Previous by thread: Re: Have new computer but want to use vista from old computer.
- Next by thread: Re: Startup problem