Re: BSOD when trying to re-install Windows Ultimate 64bit

Have you tried booting it into "Safe Mode"? Press the F8 key when the flashing cursor is at the top left hand side of the screen before the Windows logo appears.

The text screen that will appear give you several options to complete the bootup into "Safe Mode".

JWHData wrote:
BSOD when trying to re-install Windows Ultimate 64bit

Hardware Configuration

Motherboard: Asus M2NPV-VM
Motherboard ID:09/20/2007-C51PV-MCP51-M2NPV-VM-00
(no added PCI cards)
2 - Seagate 320GB Sata2 Drives (Raid 1 Mirrored)
2 - Asus 1814BL Lightscribe Sata DVDRW Drives

2- Maxtor 40GB IDE Drives (Disconnected during re-install process)

Windows Ultimate 64bit was previously installed and running. A few days after installing Service Pack 1, I noticed that the 2 Seagate Sata drives were no longer mirrored. While attempting to re-establish the Raid 1 Mirrored setup I messed up and decided the best approach was to just wipe the 2 drives and re-install Windows Ultimate 64bit.

The install process goes OK until the first re-boot attempt which ends in the BSOD
0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff98000e0eb98, 0xfffff98000e0e570)

I have re-connected my Windows XP Pro Maxtor 40GB IDE Drive in order to type this. I have also ran the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor (No Issues Noted) and the memory test (2Passes) twice with no issues showing up.

All suggestions welcome

John

  • Re: What?
    ... Try installing the game on another computer, ... How to Disable Virtual CD rom drives which is described at: ... | It wont open any windows! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Need to retrieve documents from old harddrive: Help please!!
    ... boot into safe mode the system reboots when it's trying to load something, ... physical disk drive, format the main drive, install WinXP. ... Windows but to a different directory so no files would get overwritten. ... the two drives, setting the other on to master then setting this to slave, ...
  • Need to retrieve documents from old harddrive: Help please!!
    ... >boot into safe mode the system reboots when it's trying ... >physical disk drive, format the main drive, install ... >the two drives, setting the other on to master then ... >installed windows on that one. ...
  • Re: installijng ssd hard drive as boot drive for windows 7
    ... and installing it on my Windows 7 PC as the ... Windows 7 should also refuse to defragment the SSD, ... drives disconnected, but haven't yet put it into normal service. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • RE: IN NEED OF SERIOUS HELP THANK YOU
    ... >> tried to upgrade it by installing windows xp pro with sp2 again. ... I would just use Knoppix to get the data off. ... two cd drives, one of which is a cd/dvd-rw OR a usb thumb drive with ...