Re: BSOD when trying to re-install Windows Ultimate 64bit

If you have more than 2 GB of RAM, try taking out the sticks to give it 2 GB and try rebooting and install that way. When the install is finished, put the other RAM back in. Sometimes Vista has an issue installing with >2 GB of RAM installed...

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales/help/help_en-us.htm#RateAPostAsAnswer

"JWHData" <JWHData@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:66D47A4D-D88F-4019-8D49-0868D0998274@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BSOD when trying to re-install Windows Ultimate 64bit

Hardware Configuration

Motherboard: Asus M2NPV-VM
Motherboard ID:09/20/2007-C51PV-MCP51-M2NPV-VM-00
(no added PCI cards)
2 - Seagate 320GB Sata2 Drives (Raid 1 Mirrored)
2 - Asus 1814BL Lightscribe Sata DVDRW Drives

2- Maxtor 40GB IDE Drives (Disconnected during re-install process)

Windows Ultimate 64bit was previously installed and running. A few days
after installing Service Pack 1, I noticed that the 2 Seagate Sata drives
were no longer mirrored. While attempting to re-establish the Raid 1 Mirrored
setup I messed up and decided the best approach was to just wipe the 2 drives
and re-install Windows Ultimate 64bit.

The install process goes OK until the first re-boot attempt which ends in
the BSOD
0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff98000e0eb98, 0xfffff98000e0e570)

I have re-connected my Windows XP Pro Maxtor 40GB IDE Drive in order to type
this. I have also ran the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor (No Issues Noted) and
the memory test (2Passes) twice with no issues showing up.

All suggestions welcome

John

.