Re: BSOD when trying to re-install Windows Ultimate 64bit

If you have more than 2 GB of RAM, try taking out the sticks to give it 2 GB and try rebooting and install that way. When the install is finished, put the other RAM back in. Sometimes Vista has an issue installing with >2 GB of RAM installed...

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales/help/help_en-us.htm#RateAPostAsAnswer

"JWHData" <JWHData@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:66D47A4D-D88F-4019-8D49-0868D0998274@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BSOD when trying to re-install Windows Ultimate 64bit

Hardware Configuration

Motherboard: Asus M2NPV-VM
Motherboard ID:09/20/2007-C51PV-MCP51-M2NPV-VM-00
(no added PCI cards)
2 - Seagate 320GB Sata2 Drives (Raid 1 Mirrored)
2 - Asus 1814BL Lightscribe Sata DVDRW Drives

2- Maxtor 40GB IDE Drives (Disconnected during re-install process)

Windows Ultimate 64bit was previously installed and running. A few days
after installing Service Pack 1, I noticed that the 2 Seagate Sata drives
were no longer mirrored. While attempting to re-establish the Raid 1 Mirrored
setup I messed up and decided the best approach was to just wipe the 2 drives
and re-install Windows Ultimate 64bit.

The install process goes OK until the first re-boot attempt which ends in
the BSOD
0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff98000e0eb98, 0xfffff98000e0e570)

I have re-connected my Windows XP Pro Maxtor 40GB IDE Drive in order to type
this. I have also ran the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor (No Issues Noted) and
the memory test (2Passes) twice with no issues showing up.

All suggestions welcome

John

  • Re: vista x64 setup hangs at please wait, "ata channel 0" error in Dev manager in vista
    ... if the RAM is throwing errors. ... that the slow install is not due to some ... I hadnt thought of the linux approach.. ... drives.. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: vista x64 setup hangs at please wait, "ata channel 0" error in Dev manager in vista
    ... if the RAM is throwing errors. ... that the slow install is not due to some ... run prime95.. ... drives.. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Blue Screen During XP Installation
    ... drive was to install it as a secondary drive in the problem machine. ... my machine with IDE drives to use a SATA drive via a USB cable. ... but if the blue screens are the result of a SATA driver issue, ... The HDD was installed as a USB-connected device and ordinarily the XP OS ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows7 on a memory stick -- possible?
    ... Now you got fast USB caddy drive that doesn't melt inside the caddy. ... Install windowpws into virtualbox. ... So I would recommend all distro mainters look at their netbook ... As the pocket drives cost only 40 pounds, ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: MN2-E boards
    ... 1024 Corsair valueselect ram running in dual mode ... have 3 SATA drives, 1-WDC WD3200KS Western Digital ... My problems seemed to start about the time I attempted to install Easy CD Creator 6 that came with my Plextor drive. ... Also, on my attempts to make ECDC6 work, Plextor tech support had me run this RoxioZap program to remove ECDC6 completed, but that just really messed up the system to the point it would only boot in safe more. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)