Re: How to format during Vista Ulitmate Upgrade install?

On Sat, 24 May 2008 09:36:10 -0700, Greg Mc
<GregMc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I found this on the microsoft website, will it work? Remember, the download
version of windows vista ultimate is not bootable....

To use the Diskpart.exe utility to clean the hard disk, follow these
steps:1. Insert the DVD into the DVD drive.

Sounds like they're leaving out the part, then boot the computer from
the DVD.

2. On the disk selection screen, press SHIFT+F10. A Command Prompt window
opens.
3. Type diskpart, and then press ENTER to open the diskpart tool.
4. Type list disk, and then press ENTER. A list of available hard disks is
displayed.
5. Type sel disk number, and then press ENTER. number is the number of the
hard disk that you want to clean. The hard disk is now selected.
6. Type det disk, and then press ENTER. A list of partitions on the hard
disk is displayed. Use this information to verify that the correct disk is
selected.
7. Make sure that the disk does not contain required data, type clean all,
and then press ENTER to clean the disk. All the partitions and all the data
on the disk is permanently removed.
8. Type exit, and then press ENTER to close the diskpart tool.
9. Close the Command Prompt window.
10. Click the Refresh button to update the disk selection screen. This step
lists the disk.
11. Run Windows Vista Setup to perform a clean installation of Windows Vista.

I found it here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927520

  • Re: WINXP+SP2 RUNS TOO SLOW
    ... 512MB of RAM or more is a decent Windows XP machine. ... clean and secure your Windows computer.. ... application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ... Why you should use a computer firewall.. ...
  • Re: Clean Computer
    ... > How to clean up Unwanted files & Programs? ... Locate all of the software (the installation media - CDs, ... application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ...
  • Re: I need to re-format my little 20GB HD.
    ... attention to the section titled, "Perform a clean install of Windows XP", ... your hard disk by repartitioning and reformatting your hard disk and ...
  • Re: Background Spy Program Executing
    ... > capturing info about my usage and recording them to disk. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... keep it clean,secure and running at its top performance mark. ... I'll mainly work around Windows XP, as that is what the bulk of this ...
  • Re: i jump steadily if Lloyds pickle isnt ugly
    ... climb beside the disk below the spring. ... Are you brave, I mean, hating below clean pens? ... You cook old onions towards the dark sick swamp, ...
    (alt.os.linux)