Re: Window xp genuine

If XP is not genuine then you won't be able to upgrade to Vista to make it genuine. Unfortunately when buying from e-bay or when buying second user systems it is a case of the old cliché 'caveat emptor' (buyer beware!)

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"ARP" <ARP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:49311E5B-9F03-4885-9830-586BF394C3FC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just bought a PC from e-bay it appears the windows xp is not genuine can I
install windows vista upgrade if my windows xp is not genuine?

  • RE: A "genuine" Vista losses registration and becomes "not genuine"
    ... upgraded the original XP to Vista in a perfectly legal transaction (although ... I have regretted doing the upgrade ever since). ... "Windows Activation Error" ... This copy of Windows is not genuine. ...
  • Re: vista ultimate activation key
    ... computer from a computer fair and unknown to me it appears that I am ... running a non genuine vista, how can I activate without spending the ... Are you sure your copy isn't genuine? ... you can always report it ...
  • Re: My Vista Can Boot Anymore! Not At All - Safe Mode Not Working :-/
    ... All you have to do is go to the Windows Genuine page and run the module that verifies that your copy is Genuine. ... i updated my Vista OS. ... deciding to purchase the serial code after doing some updates. ...
  • Re: Genuine Windows XP
    ... the put "Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium". ... A "Genuine" computer is just saying that it isn't pirated and is ... "Genuine GM parts" is still used in advertising copy. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: VALIDATION OF A GENUINE COPY OF WINDOWS XP.
    ... but microsoft states that it is invalid. ... THE INSTALLATION CD OF GENUINE COPY. ... FRIEND NEEDS TO BE UPGRADED THROUGH VALIDATION FROM MICROSOFT. ... MY GENUINE COPY PRODUCT KEY TO UPGRADE THE NEW PC? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)