Re-installation of Vista Ultimate

Vista Ultimate became corrupted due to interfering downloads that affected
both Vista Ultimate and Trend Micro Internet Security. After several attempts
to fix the problem I decided to re-install Vista Ultimate. In the process of
re-installation one of the tutorials stated that a folder would be made of
the Old Windows. (Windows.Old) This did not occur.

Question:

How do I download/secure the files that are located in the Old Windows?
When booting the PC I have a choice of selecting the Old or New Windows. I
can't access the Old Windows with out using "Safe Mode".

The previous windows such as XP overwrote the corrupted windows and kept the
files. Vista just creates a new operating system and ignores the corrupted
Vista.

I tried the Start button and wrote in "drive:\windows.old but nothing
happened.

--
MWPBall

  • Re: Windows 7 Deals Rile Vista Users
    ... I purchased Vista Ultimate Steal for $59.95 and I am well happy with it. ... Consumers running Windows Vista Ultimate, who have blasted Microsoft ... of many anonymous commenters. ...
  • Re: Windows 7 Deals Rile Vista Users
    ... Consumers running Windows Vista Ultimate, who have blasted Microsoft ... of many anonymous commenters. ...
  • Re: Vista Ultimate 64bit HELP!!
    ... 2.5GHZ, 500 gb 5400 rpm HDD, NVIDIA and standard display. ... I have windows vista ultimate 64bit installed:zip: ... I disabled windows aero theme and made it classic, ... i think there is a problem with your installation of your vista ...
  • Re: Bluescreen everytime I update Vista 64bit SP1
    ... Every time I update Vista Ultimate 64bit SP1 using the Windows update ... after a restart I get a blue screen. ...
  • Re: SIMULTANEOUS USE OF DNS AND VISTA SPEECH
    ... even Windows XP and Windows Vista OSs can be run ... I could care less whether any PC users switch to the Mac. ... Both XP Pro and Vista Ultimate are presently running on my MacBook. ... Dragon can easily keep up with 160wpm simple text dictated as fast as I ...
    (comp.speech.users)