Re: Uninstall Windows Vista and Install Windows XP

On Mon, 26 May 2008 00:33:01 -0700, Doug
<Doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have searched hi and low for an easy way to revert back to XP from a Vista
Premium OEM install.
Of course the error message comes up after reboot "Unable To Load OS".
I have tried even to dual boot with no success.

I have used the following programs to revert back to XP:

-Vista Boot Pro
-EasyBCD
-Paragon Partition Manager Professional
-Acronis Disk Director Suite

Paragon worked but I was unable to dual boot and it left Vista intact on the
partition.
I deleted the Vista partition after a good XP install and when I rebooted I
was faced with
the "Unable To Load OS" error message.

You should describe in some detail how your hardware, in particular
how many disks are connected and what are on the partitions on said
disks, is configured. You should state where on the disk Vista is
installed, and where you want XP to be installed.

A good XP install implies that you are able to boot to Windows XP.
Deleting the Vista partition and being unable to boot to XP suggests
that the Vista partition is the Windows XP system partition.

Does anyone have an EASY solution for this problem? As in a complete hard
drive erase to clear
the boot files?

Boot computer with XP CD, select partition that Vista is currently on,
format the partition, and complete the installation.

Any help or links would be so greatly appreciated :-)

.