Re: Uninstall Windows Vista and Install Windows XP

Doug, you did not upgrade to Vista; you did a clean install with an OEM vista
disk. So there is no roll back to XP.

Have to assume you still have your XP CD.

Go into BIOSat startup F2 orDELETE?, or F12 for Bot Order) and set your CD
drive to be 1st in the Boot Order.
Insert your XP CD, reboot.
Than load XP files, delete existing Vista partition, formatt that partition,
install XP.
The instructions are on the XP disk, just make sure you read carefully.

If you had a factory issued set of CDs for XP Recovery, followOEM
manufacturer's recommendations to reinstall.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Doug" wrote:

Thanks so much for your reply Andy,

Here is where I stand at this moment.

I have Win Vista Premium installed on drive C, with no other partitions on
said drive, and their
are no other HDD's or Os's installed. I have one DVD (D:) and one CD (E:)
optical drives installed, plus a
floppy in Drive (A:). I just want to downgrade back to XP. I'm pretty good
at pc's but, I have read so many
different scenarios on how to fix the boot.ini. NTDLR and so forth that it's
very confusing. I'm to the point where,
It would just be easier to get a new HDD. I have been running Vista since
it was first released. Nice eye candy but it is no where near as fast as XP.
(I surpass all minimum requirements for Vista by far!)

I'm just looking for a simple easy way to re-install XP again without all
the hassle. And to fix the boot loader.
The best and easier way to me is to do a reformat/Fdisk but even this leaves
the boot info behind.
I have a couple of programs that I want to try to do a total erase. They
are "Kill Disk", "Super Fdisk" and
"Dban".

I hope that I can help you with an annoyance or problem.

Sincerely,

Doug

--
Duze

"andy" wrote:

On Mon, 26 May 2008 00:33:01 -0700, Doug