Re: RAID 1 after first drive Installation

If your mobo supports raid
Read the mobo manual, available from Asus if you dont have it

"newbie" <newbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I mean "RAID 1" after first drive install.

"newbie" wrote:

MB P5DWH; Vista Ultimate; Hitachi DeskStar 300 GB.

ANyone knows if its posible to "raid 2" on an Intel motherboard after
clean
installof Vistal Ultimate?

  • RAID performance question on Tru64
    ... I'm a newbie to RAID. ... Doing something on RAID, ... all disks in raid has a 10K RPM in spec. ...
    (comp.unix.tru64)
  • Re: help with sata new winxp installation
    ... I have an ASUS P4S8X and had a similar problem. ... First, the drivers must be on a floppy, not on a CD. ... the SATA controller on my ASUS motherboard is really a RAID ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Server management console wont start; changing RAID config; making VM snapshots; change domain n
    ... Should have done this first, probably, but it would not change my reply about RAID 0. ... I can't tell from a quick look at that MOBO on ASUS site which config is the "d". ... At startup the welcome screen of SBS 2008 starts up fine. ... Watch your CPU and RAM states and you will see that the system pushes the RAM, but not the CPU, and rarely the drives. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: help with sata new winxp installation
    ... I also have an ASUS P4S8X. ... I'll make sure to check all of those BIOS ... the SATA controller on my ASUS motherboard is really a RAID ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Newbie questions???
    ... Although I've usually been an Asus fan in the past, this Gigabyte board has proven to be a very, very good choice. ... But if you really want RAID, it might not be the best choice, you might be better off with a higher end board that uses ICH 8R. ... Video - A board based on the ATI X1650 with at least 256MB of video memory is only about $100 and is pretty high-end. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)