Re: Restore a Backup on smaller partition

"aaa222" <aaa222@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:B285B128-55C6-40C7-8D54-4040141D997A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is it possible to restore my computer on a smaller partition when I used the
Vista to create the original backup of my entire computer?

I am trying to make room for XP again but the backup is the entire hard disk
with vista on it.

This is heavily dependent on what program you used to make the backup, and unfortunately, you don't mention this.

Some of the MS full-backup-restoration activities start with wiping the disk. So it's important to know if yours does this.

An alternative is to get a larger hard disk. Where I am, half-terabyte disks are now around $85.

HTH
-pk

.