More drives than A-Z on Vista32?

I have a quad-core development/test box (running virtual machines). I've
got a built-in multicard reader, multiple DVD drives (paired with virtual
machines), and 4 harddrives (each with multiple partitions). On top of
that, I use some external Harddrives for backup, and a few USB memory
sticks.

Bottom line, I'm running out of drive letters. I was under the impression
that Vista allowed extended disk naming (AA through ZZ) but haven't found
it, and renaming a drive in disk management only gives the A-Z options.

Can anyone point me to directions on how to achieve extended drive naming,
or point me to information that indicates it can't be done on Vista32 (and
why)?

Thanks!
Keith

  • Re: New hard drive not recognized
    ... Also, I think that harddrives, new ones at least, come with a cd that ... will help partition and format their drive. ... If your emergency disk was made from your original ... "No logical DOS drives to delete"). ...
  • Re: Partitioning new harddrives
    ... I too have always been of the assumption of keeping the harddrives on the ... same channel and the slower, burners on their own,seperate channel but during ... I will,as soon as finances allow,look into "Partition Magic" or it's ... I always put the HDDs on IDE 0 and CD/DVD drives on IDE 1. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: FreeBSD and large harddrives
    ... I'm going to build a server that's intended to store uncompressed videofiles ... or 3TB SATA harddrives. ... I would stay away from the green series hard drives for this ... drives for data storage is the least painful way to go right now. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
    ... harddrive; two UW SCSI 9GB harddrives; a floppy drive and CD-ROM. ... >> Malke that depends on how I intend to use it. ... It will be on and share its drives. ... > may have a hardware failure. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: 16,000+ New NRA Life Members- signed up by ONE guy....
    ... You can be young without money, ... The first IBM PC with a harddrive. ... with single sided diskette drives. ... and 20MB harddrives from those days. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)