Re: Dual booting XP and Vista

Is this what you tried?
How to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392/en-us

www.paulsxp.com
www.paulsxp.com/forum

"NigelH" <NigelH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6FEA7D1D-3D8C-440B-8C8D-68D67D361142@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I have had visa and xp in a multi boot configuration. However, decided that
I do not need xp any more.

I have vista and xp on two physically seperate hard drive

So I used 'Vista boot pro' to delete the windows xp MBR. When I reset the
computer it worked fine and their was no option for loading xp.

Than I decided to erase the drive that xp was on (not vista), using East-Tec
Eraser 2008 to wipe the drive. This took 5 hours as the drive was 100 gb.

When it finished I then reset the computer and the screen said 'No operating
system found'.

I then used the original visa dvd to fix the boot record, however, when I
tried there was no record of any operating system.

I know that the installation is still there as I saw it using the find
driver dialog box.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
--
Nige

  • Re: XP/Vista/7 triple boot problem
    ... I had a perfectly good dual boot Vista and XP system until I ... I installed Windows 7 RC to a new partition on the Vista (slave ... my install is the same - the files are almost exactly the same (as ...
  • Re: Restoring XP Restore Point from Vista?
    ... As I stated in the first post, I still see my old boot menu. ... "John Barnett MVP" wrote: ... Windows XP Associate Expert ... do a full migration to Vista today. ...
  • Re: XP/Vista/7 triple boot problem
    ... I had a perfectly good dual boot Vista and XP system until I installed ... I installed Windows 7 RC to a new partition on the Vista ... XP would not boot. ... the physical drives. ...
  • Re: XP/Vista/7 triple boot problem
    ... I had a perfectly good dual boot Vista and XP system until I installed ... I installed Windows 7 RC to a new partition on the Vista ... XP would not boot. ... the physical drives. ...
  • What Does It Take to Get a PC With XP?
    ... I won't waste time rehashing the argument over whether Windows Vista ... that virtually every copy of Vista Business or Vista Ultimate Edition ... machines doesn't mean that its employees understand that policy. ...
    (misc.consumers)