Re: Will Group Policy Work For this?

"Emory Tech" <EmoryTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:40B4EC6A-2B39-4AAE-929F-08659F1E410F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What I have found is a policy where you can tell windows to ignore
whether a
driver is signed or not. What I wanted to know is can I make a vista
image
and configure it so that when I deploy it this ignore the driver
signed
policy will be enable so I can install the driver during the windows
setup?
If not then does someone know an easy way to get windows vista to use
unsigned drivers during the windows install.

I had what looks like a similar situation where an add-in card I've been
working with has an unsigned driver. I found that if I install the card
and driver, then uninstall the card (but not the driver) before pulling
an image, it will silently install the driver if the card is in the
machine during OOBE.

Hope this helps!

Dave

  • Re: Printer fatal error during installation
    ... You meant you uninstalled your printer driver. ... Restart if necessary to get the hdw recognized by Vista. ... software,download and install the latest printer driver or software from ... The default printer setting may change after you install Windows Vista SP1 ...
  • Re: Swapping MBs on XP--reinstall ?
    ... I want to swap an upgraded Asus board/Intel processor for the existing board/Intel processor--from a 775 to a 1336-along with a new video card. ... At least a few people have bought motherboards, assuming they could install Win98. ... In terms of drivers, one thing that would be popular is an AHCI driver for the ... by downloading the appropriate package for preparing an F6 floppy disk, ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: xserver-xorg vs. xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
    ... try to install the closed source nvidia driver while ... ATI cards have been troublesome with OS/2 2.0 and 3.0, ... I have a Radeon card in this laptop, and when I switch over to that card ... You can install the non-free ones from the Debian ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: HID Non-User Input Data Filter Error
    ... A...hardware device does not function correctly after you install Windows ... How to uninstall Windows Vista SP1 as a troubleshooting step: ... Windows Vista Help: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1: ... It sounds like a driver update has occured which messed up the USB ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: about the Marvel
    ... So I had downloaded a driver from Matrox which I tried to install. ... The driver wouldn't install because it had "not found a compatible device". ... So at least now I know what card is in his PC. ... You'd going to have to download drivers, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)