Re: installed wrong
- From: "John Barnett MVP" <freelance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 15:04:51 +0100
If message appeared telling you that the installation failed the it should have 'rolled back'. By rolling back it removes all the files it previously 'attempted' to install leaving your system as it was before you attempted the install. It hasn't made any alterations to your system and you suddenly haven't acquired over 700MB of files you can't use.
The question is: Why did the install fail?
Take a look at the following links to see if they help:
John Barnett MVP
Windows Desktop Experience
The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any
kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this
"ron" <ronaldlanzlotta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A6434B86-6B21-446A-A315-BA6B0ACA0DEA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i tryied to install service pk1 for vista all languages but it would not
install.what happened to that file does it just go away? i downloaded a large
file over over 700mb
what happens to it when it wont install?thanks ron
- Prev by Date: Re: Window xp genuine
- Next by Date: Re: Upgrade from Vista Home 32bit(OEM) to Vista Ultimate 64bit(Retail)?
- Previous by thread: Re: Vista RC1 installation error 0x80070570 solution
- Next by thread: Vista Business - License Server / imaging etc..