Re: installed wrong

If message appeared telling you that the installation failed the it should have 'rolled back'. By rolling back it removes all the files it previously 'attempted' to install leaving your system as it was before you attempted the install. It hasn't made any alterations to your system and you suddenly haven't acquired over 700MB of files you can't use.

The question is: Why did the install fail?

Take a look at the following links to see if they help:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/Help/133c8953-c9cd-4fa5-8883-03e91bb6f2021033.mspx

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"ron" <ronaldlanzlotta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A6434B86-6B21-446A-A315-BA6B0ACA0DEA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i tryied to install service pk1 for vista all languages but it would not
install.what happened to that file does it just go away? i downloaded a large
file over over 700mb
what happens to it when it wont install?thanks ron
--
ron lanzilotta

--
ron lanzilotta

  • Re: installed wrong
    ... First, does it simply fail - ie, corrupted file, or does it give you a message explaining why it wouldn't install? ... You have to make sure you have the pre-requisite updates needed to install SP1. ...
  • Re: Multiple Vista boot options
    ... Windows Desktop Experience ... The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". ... space can I install Xp on it instead of on C:? ... Can VistaBootPro also be used to fix the problem that arises when XP Pro is added as a second boot option on a machine that already has Vista Ultimate installed? ...
  • Re: Multiple Vista boot options
    ... a BIOS that lets you select which drive to boot from at POST time, you may find it easiest to disconnect the Vista drive, install XP and then reconnect Vista. ... My goal was to install XP Pro on Drive 1 rather than Drive 0. ... The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". ...
  • Re: The following packages will be REMOVED:
    ... why wouldn't help a install of the release ... instead of upgrading from another release version? ... another and of not using a rolling release anymore. ... I am using debian testing/unstable depending on my wishes since 2 years. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Why does Vista limited the number of uses of software I install?
    ... The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". ... them to install. ... I think I had gotten some sort of error message telling me I ... had those limited files on here. ...