Re: hibernate

On Wed, 28 May 2008 04:51:00 -0700, Richard 1947
<Richard1947@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there any way I can get my computer to go into standby or hibernate modes
using Windows Vista. I've been to your web sites for help but I'm still not
able to get standby or hibernate modes, in Windows XP there was never any
kind of problem. My motherboard can use S1 or S3 setting but I've tired both
setting and its just the same. The computer will start to go into hibernate
mode for only five or six seconds then is will just restart.

You LAN card is almost certtainly waking the system up. This behavior
can be disabled. Google "disable wake-on-LAN" -- lots of detailed
instructions there.
--
Jay (remove dashes for legal email address)

  • Re: hibernate
    ... using Windows Vista. ... I've been to your web sites for help but I'm still ... able to get standby or hibernate modes, in Windows XP there was never ...
  • Re: Windows Forms
    ... A few of my web sites use online CMS with AJAX. ... All my databases have stored procedures and I would like to use ... Basically I need to copy my online CMS features to an Windows Vista ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: need help with password for vista 32bit
    ... son who is on windows vista and he may me visiting some sites that he ... If they are using a router, simply use the logs from the router to determine ... the web sites that have been visited? ...
  • Standby and hibernate passwords
    ... a password for standby and hibernate modes. ... looking all through the control panel to find something ... pertaining to that in Windows XP Home Edition, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Difference between power schemes?
    ... I should say I understand what standby and hibernate modes are and what ... "turning off" the monitor or hdd via the power scheme settings. ... PRNole wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)