Re: hibernate

On Wed, 28 May 2008 04:51:00 -0700, Richard 1947
<Richard1947@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there any way I can get my computer to go into standby or hibernate modes
using Windows Vista. I've been to your web sites for help but I'm still not
able to get standby or hibernate modes, in Windows XP there was never any
kind of problem. My motherboard can use S1 or S3 setting but I've tired both
setting and its just the same. The computer will start to go into hibernate
mode for only five or six seconds then is will just restart.

You LAN card is almost certtainly waking the system up. This behavior
can be disabled. Google "disable wake-on-LAN" -- lots of detailed
instructions there.
--
Jay (remove dashes for legal email address)
.