Vista Forgets

Does anyone know of a setting in Vista that will tell it to remember for
more than one or two reboots the view settings for an individual folder?
(This is a major way in which XP was better).

Is there any way to get a shortcut to a folder to actually bring you to the
folder's place in the directory tree instead of just showing it in the
navigation pane with the folder of the shortcut as the parent folder.
(Another way in which XP was better).

Thanks,
- charles

  • Re: Windows Explorer
    ... [[When you open Windows Explorer using the Windows Explorer shortcut on the ... This will create a shortcut to C: ... How to open folder in single pane when using the "Winkey + E" combination ... Open opens folders with common tasks showing on the left. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Attchment is at a shortcut directory, result dir.lnk
    ... folder, (dont remember putting it there but..unless Its because shortcuts ... AVG free antivirus http://www.grisoft.com ... attached once I double click the shortcut. ...
  • Re: help writting script to copy file to every desktop
    ... Then it will ping each computer to see if it is truly reachable. ... Here is a sample script that I use. ... Each shortcut is only 1KB each, so the extra replication traffic is nothing. ... You will get different methods, collections, and properties for a file than you will for a folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Attchment is at a shortcut directory, result dir.lnk
    ... the one I click on the desktop is actually a folder, ... (dont remember putting it there but..unless Its because shortcuts ... AVG free antivirus http://www.grisoft.com ... attached once I double click the shortcut. ...