RE: Microsoft Deployment Toolkit = Vista BSOD

Yahoo!!! You did it. Your explaination was perfect. I was able to understand
it and implement it. That's a 1st for me. Thank you. U Da Man! I will now
try this on several other PC's to see if this wasn't a one hit wonder. Thanks
again.

"Michael Niehaus [MS]" wrote:

You can enable the dump, but it gets a little tricky - you'd have to get to
the boot menu and enable it.

To specify the driver group, you can either edit CustomSettings.ini (the
Rules tab for the deployment point) to specify something like this in the
[Default] section:

DriverGroup001=My Driver Group

However, that would apply to all task sequences (Vista and XP) so if you
need to do both just add a "Set Variable" step to the task sequence that sets
variable "DriverGroup001" to "My Driver Group" (substituting the name you
really want to use).

-Michael

"madean59" wrote:

I would love to comply however, when I started this project I normally wipe
out the previous OS then format the HD and since Vista never truly runs
though it's setup process there is no mini-dump. Am I missing something?
Anyway, I thought of deleting the drivers and just re-import the XP ones.
Then create group that holds Vista drivers. The challenge would be to direct
the OS to the appropriate group. Is this possible? Mr. Arwidmark response was
-> "using driver grouping and then assign the correct driver group the
correct Task Sequencer..
How can I accomplish that?

"Michael Niehaus [MS]" wrote:

Yes, that's definitely a driver issue. If you have a mini-dump from the
crash, we could tell you which one.

-Michael

"madean59" wrote:

This was the error:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGE_AREA
Technical Information:
*** STOP : 0x00000050 (0xFFFF4C85, 0x0000000, 0x818834f3, 0x00000000)

but it turns out that on a fresh install of Vista Enterprise I have to
disable the step for “Inject Drivers” under the “Non-OSD only” group in the
Task Sequence. Once I stop the drivers from installing I 'm good. The issue
appears to be the mixing of XP and Vista drivers. I've been using BDD/MDT
exclusively for XP and now that I want to add Vista I don't know how to
separate the drivers or direct Vista to specific set of drivers. Any
suggestions?

"Michael Niehaus [MS]" wrote:

Do you know what the blue screen crash is? Is it a STOP 0x7B or something
similar?

MDT just uses Windows Vista SETUP.EXE to do the installation, started from a
custom Windows PE image. Did you add any additional drivers into the MDT
distribution share?

-Michael Niehaus
mniehaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • dell quickset
    ... Vista 32-bit on a ... I have the synaptics touchpad v 6.3 as described. ... jsabin6 wrote: ... Problem persisted after removing graphics drivers, ...
  • Re: Blue AScreen System_Service_Exception
    ... There are some great helpers including a lot of IT pros, on these groups, who have long experience with Windows and operate at a very professional level. ... Perhaps Win Vista has settled down and will give to me a break from the concern of another crash? ... The F8 options in Vista are the same as XP, and the link for Safe Mode Boot ... Make sure all your drivers fro devices are the most recent the manufacturer offers compatible with Vista, but Windows Update should be doing this job in most cases. ...
  • Re: Video Error
    ... I suggest that you try the latest Vista Beta driver from the Hauppauge ... WebSite for your 150 card instead instead of the one you got from Vista ... I was able to install the XP drivers for my Radeon 7000. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Blue AScreen System_Service_Exception
    ... bootrec /Rebuild BCD ... The F8 options in Vista are the same as XP, and the link for Safe Mode Boot ... Make sure all your drivers fro devices are the most recent the manufacturer offers compatible with Vista, but Windows Update should be doing this job in most cases. ...
  • How I fixed my Vista Print Spooler Problems
    ... putchased Vista Ultimate with the intent to upgrade my XP system. ... errors stemming from the Print Spooler Service. ... with an upgrade install of Vista Ultimate. ... I attempted to manually clean all my drivers and registry changes ...