Re: Vista on 256 MB RAM

"bobblehead1706" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:36bc4c3a07ed040f19fe78c4898a6493@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I run Vista home basic on 512MB...on a P4 3.2. If you plan to run
anything more then ONE application at a time...don't bother. It becomes
very frustrating. Running XP with 256MB is completely fine and things
run smooth. I've had to install XP just to get the speed back.

Number one... ram is **incredibly cheap** these days.

Number two... it takes an average of 256 just to keep XP open and running,
so you're probably in a constant state of using the page file which is likely
contributing to a slow performance standard on your XP.... 512 is ok, but
often this is easily consumed.

.