Re: No "repair my computer" option.

"Jacck" <Jacck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4E9DCC2F-6494-4E56-A0EC-D40AEEC9F234@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for all the information. Thanks to Znod for his helpful suggestion.
Daze N. Knights, I thought I had asked for the disk. However, I only asked
if my disk would allow me to format the hard drive and reinstall Windows as
often as I wanted.
This seems to be a common problem. Surely the responsibility lies with
Microsoft for allowing this. Microsoft uses the recovery options as a selling
point.
Incidently, have Microsoft stopped offering technical support? On several
occasions in the past I was able to email Microsoft and get help. I can't
find such an option now.

"Daze N. Knights" wrote:

True! Good recommendation.

Znod wrote:
> OP, you can use 'this software '
> (http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/)to
> take care of your issue.

It is the decision of the computer manufacturer/vendor as to what recovery facilities exist. HP are maybe the best of the bunch in this respect. One gets what one pays for..

I couldn't get ZNods link to open.. just a 404 error..

Good luck..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

  • Re: RAM is not available
    ... I have plenty of disk space and I have defragged, ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... I'll mainly work around Windows XP, as that is what the bulk of this ...
  • Re: Start up speed
    ... Disk defragmenter tells me that defragmentation not ... Clean up and properly maintain/tweak your system.. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... You should periodically check your hard drivefor errors and defragment ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Background Spy Program Executing
    ... > capturing info about my usage and recording them to disk. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... keep it clean,secure and running at its top performance mark. ... I'll mainly work around Windows XP, as that is what the bulk of this ...
  • Re: specific911 hijack
    ... I have recently created a "host" file from a download ... that is available on a site that Microsoft MVP's run and it is kept up to ... > application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ... > now have a Windows 2000/98 look which turned off many of the annoying ...
  • Re: Spy or Windows XP Data Collection ?
    ... For every line I move I get a disk access. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... keep it clean,secure and running at its top performance mark. ... I'll mainly work around Windows XP, as that is what the bulk of this ...