Re: Uninstall SP1 on an OEM machine and upgrade to Ultimate?

In message <8803C72D-6600-47AE-83FE-38027B7A9561@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Mick
Murphy <MickMurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Frisch is wrong!

That happens a lot.

If it came pre-installed with SP1, you can not uninstall SP1, to allow you
to install via upgrade, the Ultimate disks that do not have SP1

Clean install only way.

There is one other chance, if the machine came with a genuine Microsoft
Vista disc rather then a "recovery" disc, and the Ultimate license is a
full or upgrade (but not OEM), then you can likely use the original
installation DVD (which will obviously have SP1)

  • RE: what do i need to upgrade to premium?
    ... I too want to do the same thing but I thought I would upgrade to R2 first. ... to load the last CD of SP1 from premium? ... Then you can begin the setup to install SQL or ISA 2000. ... Completing Setup for Microsoft Windows Small Business Server Premium ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2003 Premium SP1 Upgrade Story
    ... that's why I built a clean SBS with SP1. ... The server has now been rebuilt with a clean install of SBS 2003 Premium ... I may try an upgrade again tomorrow. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Slipstream SP1?
    ... OEM cds do not have upgrade functionality. ... There is no way to uninstall SP1. ... The only way, is to do a clean install of VISTA, which would wipe out all of the OEM's installed software, drivers, etc. ...
  • Re: NEED TO RE-INSTALL IE6 WITH SP1
    ... On the MSN login, if the password is already filled in, try entering it ... the necessary patches they still provide for my SP1 until 10-06. ... the SP2 program upgrade would fix all these issues!!! ... Upgrades for SP1 from M$ fail to install. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
  • Re: NEED TO RE-INSTALL IE6 WITH SP1
    ... the necessary patches they still provide for my SP1 until 10-06. ... the SP2 program upgrade would fix all these issues!!! ... Upgrades for SP1 from M$ fail to install. ... can't do a repair installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)