Re: Uninstall SP1 on an OEM machine and upgrade to Ultimate?

Like most, if not all manufacturers, it did not come with ths disk. They even want you to create your own recovery disks now (two DVDs).

"DevilsPGD" <spam_narf_spam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:u7n6449vlrop56a6ielq3c2f5bc74jqof8@xxxxxxxxxx
In message <8803C72D-6600-47AE-83FE-38027B7A9561@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Mick
Murphy <MickMurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Frisch is wrong!

That happens a lot.

If it came pre-installed with SP1, you can not uninstall SP1, to allow you
to install via upgrade, the Ultimate disks that do not have SP1

Clean install only way.

There is one other chance, if the machine came with a genuine Microsoft
Vista disc rather then a "recovery" disc, and the Ultimate license is a
full or upgrade (but not OEM), then you can likely use the original
installation DVD (which will obviously have SP1)

  • Re: a bios question
    ... burning of DVDs (install Windows, ... One even included blank DVDs. ... drive with an insistant option to burn disks and a set of English DVDs. ... Apple used to include installation DVDs of MacOS with all of their computers, ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Temporary use of XP installation
    ... > stuff that came on the recovery disks it would run much better. ... Well, that might work if you have a retail disk and do an in-place upgrade, ... but if it was supplied with the desktop it likely will not install on other ...
  • Re: Trouble with apt-cache and aptitude
    ... using my eight DVDs that I had bought ... The install went beautifully, and my system is now very elegant, as ... disks is not available to me. ... as they did with my 'etch' DVDs? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • hp recovery disks ploblems
    ... i had this problem with the recovery disks. ... again i tried again and it did the same thing so i tried to install the ... the recovery disks the would presume it was another laptop but then how ...
  • Re: Replacement laptop HD Wont Work
    ... I did the clean install exactly ... files onto media (I chose DVDs). ... >* This would be my definition of a clean install. ... >install disks can be created from your Windows 2000 CD- ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.hardware)