Re: Uninstall SP1 on an OEM machine and upgrade to Ultimate?

"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eiNrJELxIHA.524@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"3putt in coastal SC" <3putt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OYSRqBKxIHA.4864@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Like most, if not all manufacturers, it did not come with ths disk. They even want you to create your own recovery disks now (two DVDs).

And you didn't do that? Most don't because they don't want to waste the time, don't happen to have two DVD-Rs, assume that nothing will ever go wrong, don't understand what the message means ...

--
Mike Hall - MVP

You may not have read what I was referring to:

"> There is one other chance, if the machine came with a genuine Microsoft
Vista disc rather then a "recovery" disc, and the Ultimate license is a
full or upgrade (but not OEM), then you can likely use the original
installation DVD (which will obviously have SP1) "

Of course I created the two DVD recovery disks.

How to construct a good post..
http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=newswhelp&style=toc
Mike's Window - My Blog..