Re: Uninstall SP1 on an OEM machine and upgrade to Ultimate?

"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eiNrJELxIHA.524@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"3putt in coastal SC" <3putt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OYSRqBKxIHA.4864@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Like most, if not all manufacturers, it did not come with ths disk. They even want you to create your own recovery disks now (two DVDs).

And you didn't do that? Most don't because they don't want to waste the time, don't happen to have two DVD-Rs, assume that nothing will ever go wrong, don't understand what the message means ...

--
Mike Hall - MVP

You may not have read what I was referring to:

"> There is one other chance, if the machine came with a genuine Microsoft
Vista disc rather then a "recovery" disc, and the Ultimate license is a
full or upgrade (but not OEM), then you can likely use the original
installation DVD (which will obviously have SP1) "

Of course I created the two DVD recovery disks.

How to construct a good post..
http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=newswhelp&style=toc
Mike's Window - My Blog..

  • Re: Laptop disaster -- F11 no longer works for recovery
    ... Vista Home Premium CD from a friend to upgrade her HP Pavilion dv2125nr notebook that came with XP Media Center Edition. ... I don't yet know whether the student made the recovery CDs or DVDs: I can't contact her at present. ... (Even if you do get Vista to work, I'd recommend that everyone buy their restore media - just to have it. ... The student had not made the Recovery Disks as recommended, so I assume she is going to buy a set from HP. ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hardware)
  • Re: Windows Vista recovery installation CD(s) from Sony Vaio
    ... Create Recovery Disks ... Basically it is not possible to have backup CDs like with ... versions of windows available prior to Windows Vista. ... DVDs which are the ones which can be written on both sides). ...
  • Re: Uninstall SP1 on an OEM machine and upgrade to Ultimate?
    ... even want you to create your own recovery disks now (two DVDs). ... Mike's Window - My Blog.. ...
  • Re: WORM, VIRUS, TROJAN????????????/
    ... In any event if you have Recovery Disks supplied with the computer you ... should consult the manuals or info that came with the computer/Recovery ... Recovery disks tend to be different from manufacturer to ... > i see are a bunch of files, how do i recover with these dvds? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)