Re: driver

What steps are you taking to try and get it to run Aero?
Do you have the ATI 8.5 Vista Catalyst drivers installed?
"harry wollmann" <harrywollmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:AD1A8F23-5E4C-473A-98DD-CFB35C98803A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ystem has 1 GB video card has 512 GB

"Curious" wrote:

Dos your system have 1GB of RAM?
Does your 1650 card have 128mb of memory?
It the answer to either of the above is no then you probably can not run
Aero.
>i downloaded and installed a video card driver but it doesn't show up >in
> device manager
> any ideas my card doesn't work rite i have a HIS x1650 pci express > card
> according to specs she is compatible with windows aero i run vista > home
> premium
> windows aero doesn't work either any suggestions

  • Re: Question re DX9
    ... I wonder if Aero is worth the trouble and money. ... do I need a new video card and how do I get dx9? ... This is the newest AGP card you can get. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Price diff. on these dual core chips?
    ... Profile Video Card - Retail) ... thing I wonder about is this: Vista will rate hardware on install. ... rating that causes Vista to disable Aero, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips)
  • Re: Aero Icons Missing From Quick Launch
    ... JW may be confusing video RAM requirements with system memory. ... My computer has an ATI Radeon X1600 Pro PCI-express card with 512 MB, plus 4 GB of system RAM. ... Its lowest WEI score is 4.6 for Graphics (Desktop performance for Windows Aero). ...
  • Re: Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor Question
    ... what specific card do you have? ... The advisor states that I need to upgrade my graphics adapter for ... Windows Aero. ... Video RAM or uses shared memory. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor Question
    ... I have 512 and Vista runs great with Aero? ... what specific card do you have? ... The advisor is really flaky. ... Video RAM or uses shared memory. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)