Re: Slipstream SP1?

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:20:14 -0400, "3putt in coastal SC"
<3putt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've burned a new Vista Ultimate install disk slipstreamed with SP1 using
Vlite. However...it will only perform a clean install, and not an upgrade
on the existing Home Premium with SP1. I want to ?upgrade to Vista
Ultimate.

Are you booting to the CD?

Upgrading in Vista is accomplished via the Windows GUI, not by
booting to the CD.

Running install with the slipstreamed Vista Ultimate w/SP1 I get
these statements: "Upgrade has been Disabled" The upgrade cannot be
started. To upgrade cancel install, then choose to upgrade to a version
that is more recent than currently running" Is it because my current Vista
Home Premium w/SP1 has been upgraded to the latest updates? And the
slipstreamed DVD files are older, even with the downloaded SP1 files from
Microsoft?

  • Re: Vista Ultimate would not allow upgrade due to Service Pack
    ... It may be possible if you can borrow a Vista 32 bit SP1 installation DVD to use the key that came with your Ultimate upgrade DVD to do the upgrade. ... If you have the retail version of Vista Ultimate Upgrade it should have come with both a 32 bit installation DVD and a 64 bit installation DVD so if your new laptop is 64 bit capable and you can borrow a SP1 UltimateDVD then you may be able to upgrade direct to 64 bit. ...
  • Re: Upgrade Vista Home Premium to Vista Business using FULL Busine
    ... There is no "upgrade cd" for Vista like there is for XP. ... the upgrade option will be disabled and only the custom option will be available when the existing Windows is Vista Home Basic or Vista Home Premium and the product key is for Vista Business. ...
  • Re: Upgrading To Vista Question
    ... customers to "over" upgrade. ... upgrade to XP Home Premium. ... Vista then were only two choices, the more common home version and the ... you end up losing features you did want. ...
  • Re: Windows 7 pricing
    ... If Win7 is like Vista, then clean installs can be done using upgrade ... Then you can pick Win7 Home Premium ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: Its official: upgrade hack included in Vista SP1
    ... It has never been possible to upgrade in place from 32bits to 64bits for any Windows client or server software because a 64bit OS MUST be installed by a 64bit installer. ... The Vista installed on the first pass can be either 32bits or 64bits in such a case. ... Please understand that the installation methodology used to install Windows has always been at the convenience of the user. ...