Re: Slipstream SP1?

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:20:14 -0400, "3putt in coastal SC"
<3putt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've burned a new Vista Ultimate install disk slipstreamed with SP1 using
Vlite. However...it will only perform a clean install, and not an upgrade
on the existing Home Premium with SP1. I want to ?upgrade to Vista
Ultimate.

Are you booting to the CD?

Upgrading in Vista is accomplished via the Windows GUI, not by
booting to the CD.

Running install with the slipstreamed Vista Ultimate w/SP1 I get
these statements: "Upgrade has been Disabled" The upgrade cannot be
started. To upgrade cancel install, then choose to upgrade to a version
that is more recent than currently running" Is it because my current Vista
Home Premium w/SP1 has been upgraded to the latest updates? And the
slipstreamed DVD files are older, even with the downloaded SP1 files from
Microsoft?

.