Installed Physical Memory/Total Physical Memory

I just built my first pc running vista home premium x64 sp1. I have 8
gigs of ram installed.Bios sees all 8 gigs.When i display system summary
in vistas system imfromation it states i have 8 gigs installed
memory,3.75 gigs total physical memory,and 6.57 available physical
memory.Can someone please explain to me what this means.Should i have
more than 3.75 gigs of total physical memory? Do i need to
reinstall?Thank You.

--
Roy69z

  • Re: Hardware Requirement
    ... a proper backup solution is provided with the server, ... realistically backup the drive space available on the server. ... I have 25-30 user accounts running on a gig of ram just fine. ... That $600-1000 for an extra 2 gigs of ram might buy one or two ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Im At My Wits End!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ... could temporarily remove the offending stick and run at 2 gigs to see if the problem persists. ... video gods may have as much to do with it as improper settings, a disk drive or RAM beginning to fail, or some other very logical explanation which we fail to recognize. ... Killing all the unnecessary background tasks which run when using NLE software is also a very good strategy. ... Running memory diagnostics and also some hard disk diagnostics would also be high on my list. ...
    (rec.video.production)
  • Re: Photoshop CS4 Not Responding When Editing PSD
    ... this case check the PS settings specifically the 'maximize compatibility' ... And with the speed of that machine, it goes into 'not responding' much ... It has 6mb of RAM. ... I think the 1st correction is 6 gigs of ram not mb. ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)
  • Re: Question of Ram speeds and performance
    ... to change out my ram for the new ram. ... I have 12 gigs (also three channels) of the Kingston kit HyperX ... to see how reliable such a socket is. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Three out of Four Isnt Bad
    ... then I installed the PAE kernel and I can only see 24 Gigs. ... You will have enough issues with 32-bit and lots of ram to make it worth considering the 64-bit stuff. ... OSes, mainly since they are used in 32-bit OSes if they remapped the memory properly for 64-bit OSes none of the remapped memory would be there for the 32-bit OSes. ... It does take a small amount of messing around to get the install correct, but it is not that hard, the easiest way would be to just use the firefox.tar.gz download for 32-bit from firefox's web page. ...
    (Fedora)